Strange day

Kyle's POV

I woke up and stretched. I checked my phone and of course there was a message from Taylor. I smiled down at my phone.

Taylor<3: hope you have fun with your parents. At least try and get along, please? For me c: love you

I texted him back then sighed. I didn't want to spend the day with my parents. I don't want to know them, or get attached. No. But, for Taylor I'd do anything. I took a bullet for him once and although it's not my cup of tea, I'd do it again. I sighed and got dressed in my blue plaid shirt, left unbuttoned with a white tee shirt. And some black skinny jeans. I put on Taylor's grey beanie. I really should stop stealing his wardrobe. I won't, but I should.

I made my way downstairs and saw my parents and everyone else sitting in the living room.
"Kyle! You look nice. We were thinking we could take you out for breakfast?" Helen offers. Jessica then runs and clutches my legs. I stare down at her confused and she gives me the look that means 'pick me up ', so I sigh and lift her, resting her on my hip.

"Kyky, th-these people aren't going to be taking y-you away r-right?" She asks and rubs her eyes. Tears are welling in those dark brown orbs.
"Of course not. I can't just leave you munchkin." I smile. Taylor had gotten me into the habit of calling her munchkin. It was cute and she liked it.
"G-good. You can't leave too." My heart sinks. Ben. I still can't say his name out loud.

"Let's get going shall we?" Helen claps Her hands together and I roll my eyes.
"If we must." I mumble.

"So do you know any good breakfast places?" Helen asks. It's weird to think that she's actually my mom. I'd gone so long without her, it was strange.
"There's one Taylor and I always go to. We could go there?" I offer. I'm only doing this for Taylor.
"Yea that works." Helen smiles. We get in the car and I take the backseat. I sit in the middle so I can show them directions. Well on our way there I decide now's as good a time as any to start with the questions.

"So why is it I'm albino, but you guys look normal? Are you really my parents?" I question. Helen looks at me with sad eyes. She looks hurt by what I said.
"I was born, erm, infertile I guess you could say; and so we had a sperm doner request. We expected it to take months, but it took merely days and boom we have a kid." Sean says.
"You told me you weren't ready for children." I state.
"Yes. Again we expected it to take months. And about a month before you were born our apartment building caught fire. We lost everything. At the same time I had quit my job to prepare everything for you. Only for it to catch fire and also be destroyed." Helen sighed.
"So, your not my real dad?"
"I'm the only dad you have." Sean says.
"I don't have a dad. My family is back there." I state firmly. They both sigh. Good. I hope they can't stand me. I don't want to go with them. I was probably being childish. And I didn't care.

We make it to the diner and head inside. The waiter smiles at us.
"Kyle do you want your usual?" The waiter asks.
"That would be great, thanks." I smile.
"And what can I get you two?" He turns. I haven't bothered to learn his name. They order and he walks away.

"So you know him?" Helen asks and I shrug.
"Taylor and I come here often enough and he recognizes me." I respond.
"Oh." She says almost, sadly?
"Do you have something against Taylor and I being together?" I blurt out. Her eyes widen as does Sean's.
"Of course not dear! It's just, well, surprising. I never expected my son would be gay." By now we've attracted some attention from the other customers and Helen sinks into her seat to avoid the stares. A lot of people here are regulars who have seen me and Taylor in here. The waiter walks back.

"Is there a problem here?" He asks and shoots me a small smirk.
"No of course not! Just doing some catching up." Helen stutters out.
"Is that true Kyle?" He asks.
"Yup. Just peachy." I smirk.
"Alright then. I'll have your food shortly." I nod and he walks away.