New family

Kyle's POV

There's always been a time of year that's full of happiness and joy. And quite frankly, I hated that time of year. Yup, its Christmas.
Why do I hate it?
Well, its cold.
We've never had enough money to properly give good presents.
This year we won't even have Ben.
And the decorations are a pain in the ass.

It was the last day of school before Christmas break and everyone was all cheery and happy. I just wanted a coffee.
Taylor and I walk in, hand in hand and I quickly pull out my phone.

Coffee? I type and show him.
"Yea sure." He smiles. He's been really good with me not talking. I know he's irritated by it, but other then s few days ago he hasn't said anything.

"Oh! And there's something I gotta ask you." He says as I pour sugar into my coffee. I grab a mixing stick and nod at him as if saying ask.

"My dad met a girl and her and her family are staying with us for the weekend. I was wondering, if you would meet them with me. I'm nervous, I've never had to meet a girlfriend or boyfriend of my parents. They've been single since divorce." He trails off. I smile at him and nod. He grins and hugs me.
"Thank you. It means a lot." He says. Wait, that's tomorrow. It would be rude if I don't talk to them.
So talk.
Didn't you tell me not to?
Yea, because you were unstable. Who knows what you could've said.
I really hate listening to you.
Yea, but I'm right. You should be okay to talk now.
You told me Ben would be mad.
I was fucking with you. Can't believe you believed me.
Your an ass.
Yea well.
Fuck you.
You just said to go fuck yourself.
Just fuck off.
As you wish.

Am I really ready to talk though? I guess it'd be fair to Taylor to start talking again. I don't know how much longer he'd last with me not talking to him. He pays for my coffee.

"T-th-tha-thanks." He spins around and stares at me.
"Did you just talk?" He asks amazed.
"Y-yea." My voice is scratchy and I sip my coffee in hopes of it maybe helping. He crushes me into a hug in middle of the hallway, not caring that we are blocking it.
"I'm so proud of you." He says quietly. I hug him back. Damn he gives good hugs.

We walk and meet up with the girls.
"Merry early Christmas!" Betty screams. She's in some festive white Christmas dress with white stockings, and the dress has snowflakes and little snowman and reindeer on the bottom of it. I mentally cringe.

"So, since I'm going to Florida for the holidays I brought you two Christmas presents. Now, I know you guys didn't know. So I'll just take yours when I get back." Betty states and I chuckle. Typical Betty. She pulls out two boxes from a fabric grocery bag. She passes me the red wrapped one and Taylor the green one.

"So, I got a lot of weird looks going into the store to buy these. I'll never understand you guys and your weird shit. But yea." She says awkwardly.

We unwrap the packages in silence.
In my package was a Chelsea grin hoodie and a pierce the veil bracelet. I look up at her and grin. I walk over and embrace her in a hug.
"Thank you Betty. I love them." I smile at her.
"You, you spoke! He spoke! Yes! Kyle is back!" She hugs me back and starts jumping. I try to get away, but the others aren't helpful in the least. They're all laughing and I soon join in. When she breaks away Taylor hugs her.
"Thank you." He smiles. Oh his smile. It's still a heart stopper to this day.
"What'd you get?" I ask him. He shows me a black pierce the veil sweatshirt and a black veil brides bracelet. I show him mine as well.
"What'd you girls get?" Taylor asks while draping an arm around my shoulder. It's a comforting feeling.
"5 seconds of summer concert tickets!" Jazz and Anna exclaim at the same time. We both cringe back from the loudness of there voices, and that we're both not really into the music.