End

(End)

The rest of the story of Sparda went predictably. Somewhere down the road in history, the Legend of Sparda extended its pages. The story continued from after Sparda's chains in Hell, and the focus would shift on his sons, each of them exploring Limbo on their own. It would quickly encompass how each son of Sparda found their lovers, and how all of them banded together to save their parents from servitude and death.

The Legend would also record about the moment when Leah Katherine Cartlier opened her eyes from certain unconsciousness of shock to find herself in Max's apartment, her fiancé hovering worriedly over her while Sparda and Eva bustled to make the small apartment comfortable in the wake of Dante's messy departure.

Leah, upon seeing Vergil's face real and alive in front of her, would burst into tears once more and hug him like her favourite teddy bear. He would explain to her about how his mother had survived Azazel's killing, and how Eva was now entirely human and staying with them.

Then Leah, in her utter relief of a family finally reunited, would tell Vergil about her pregnancy finally.

The Legend of Sparda should have recorded Vergil's reaction to the announcement. The utter shock and disbelief that left Vergil utterly speechless for the first time in his entire life, the rising fear in Leah that he would lose his top at her for keeping the baby adamantly. The rude intrusion from the worried Sparda and Eva when the silence in the room held on for too long. The tensed atmosphere that Sparda and Eva entered when the door opened.

And then the explosive joy and love that Vergil expressed when he grabbed his fiancée in the tightest hug that he had ever given to her. The tears that flooded Vergil's eyes shocked Leah and his parents as well, but it turned out that Leah's worry had been utterly useless. In fact, it was such a relief that Leah felt embarrassed at being so concerned about Vergil's dislike for children.

The happy family hug that was shared between the four of them in the apartment was shortly thereafter broken by formal knocks on the door.

Wary about who would be knocking on Max's door when the apartment had been left deserted for the past weeks, Sparda and Vergil approached the door, ready to fend off demons sent by Mundus.

And they opened the door to Dante Sparda, who held a strange glow to his face that Vergil was sure he had never seen before on his brother.

The happy atmosphere of reunion changed into something awkward when Dante declared –with the proudest voice, as if he had accomplished the single most important event of his life –that he had finally had sex with an angel in Hell.

In which came the arrival of Dante's newest girlfriend, sporting a set of beautifully white, pure wings that Eva knew and recognised very well. Max once more humbly introduced herself to the family of Sparda and embarrassedly asked if she could stay with the family in her very own apartment. Dante declared that if Sparda didn't allow so, then he would leave the family and the apartment alongside Max, to look for their own place for a sex-cave.

Obviously, no one in the Sparda family wanted to open the newspaper in the following days to find Dante gracing the front pages, charged with public indecency with his angelic girlfriend.

And so Angel Max 'Justine' Cartwright was welcomed into the family with the great news that Mundus had left Sparda off the hook.

The months of recovery thereafter zoomed pass, in which Dante spent it in his recovery hibernation. Rather, he tried his best to hibernate once more, before he realised that adopting an angel for a girlfriend had less freedom and advantages that he initially thought. Between his sleep, Max often woke him up with either a money-making mission, or to do something kinky.

Dante also found out that his girlfriend, no matter how 'pure' as an angel she was supposed to be, was a vulgar, often sexually frustrated woman. Not that he would have liked Max 'Justine' Cartwright any other way.

The men of the Sparda family quickly went back to their usual business as demon hunters as well, Vergil and Sparda working hard to earn money for the family's keep. The rush for money became real as Leah's belly grew rounder and bigger, and the woman became weaker and weaker. Eva became her daughter's own caretaker.

Nine months thereafter, on a cold November night, a bouncing baby girl was born.

Vergil loved her as if she was a part of him, a part of her beautiful mother.

Bringing up a child an environment of demons, half-demons, and an angel for an aunt made young Justine Sparda as fierce and strong as her father, as loving and caring as her mother. And yes, the name 'Justine' was given to her by her uncle, who still somehow could not get over the fact that his long-time girlfriend still hadn't changed her name from Max.

Shortly a few years after, Dante plucked up the courage and went down on one knee before his very own angel. Even during his proposal of marriage, he could not get her name right.

Angel Max 'Justine' Cartwright still agreed to marry the stupid man who never seemed to remember her name.

The joint wedding was soon held for both Vergil and Leah, Dante and Max. Sparda and Eva had never imagined a day where they would ever see their sons, in their dashing tuxedos, waiting for their beautiful wives to walk down the aisle. Young Justine toddled behind her mother as the ring-bearer, her innocent eyes glinting beautifully as she watched her father kiss her mother, finally as officially husband and wife.

She also watched with a blush when her uncle Dante kissed Aunt Max in a very flashy way.

Eva knew to cover her granddaughter's eyes before Dante thought to venture in removing Max's wedding dress in front of the crowd. Vergil once more stepped in as an elder brother to remind his twin –in a particularly violent and rather painful way –that public indecency was not appreciated at their joint wedding.

Leah Katherine Sparda laughed at her husband and finally-official-brother-in-law.

But Dante only grinned through the whole thing, determined that he had been blessed by angels when he was born. They may not appear angelic at all, but Dante was sure that they were all angels in disguise. He had heard enough stories from his wife about her fellow Warrior angels –and Azazel –disguising themselves as all sorts of people, trying to bring out the best of humans.

Dante was convinced that his life was filled with angels; both in disguise and not.

His parents must be angels, because he knew he would never find a better, more understanding pair of parents. Even if his father was a full-fledged demon, Dante was convinced that his father was undoubtedly an angel in very good disguise. No demon could be as kind-hearted, so loving and caring as a father.

Vergil was probably an angel as well. That was the only answer as to why Vergil could still stand to take care of him, Dante reasoned. Only angels could have such unfaltering faith in him.

Leah was probably an angel too. Dante guessed that only angels like Leah could fall in from another world, and change his brother from the emotionless, angst bastard to the man Vergil was now. Besides, even if she weren't an angel, she was probably the best miracle worker. It didn't even matter to him that she was his sister. She had to be an angel.

But of course, the angel that meant the most to him was the most obvious one. The one with the beautiful pure white wings, and the not-so-pure mouthy expressions.

But Dante wouldn't have it any better.

He wouldn't change a single one of them, because they were all his angels.

-The End-