Part 11

(Part 11)

"Papa," Leon piped up, sounding uncertain but urgent at the same time. We turned to see the little boy tugging softly on his fake-father's shirt, hopping from one leg to the other, legs squeezed together. "I got to pee."

"Leon, you're big enough to go to the restroom by yourself." Sasha answered with a frown, but Vergil looked down at the poor eight year old.

"He is still unfamiliar with the layout of the hospital." Vergil excused, rubbing the top of Leon's head affectionately. "Come on, but let's make it fast."

I could not help but smile at the affectionate side of Vergil, almost forgetting the fact that we were arguing a few days ago. After passing out, I had woken up hours later to realise that I had been given a blood transfusion from Vergil to replenish my blood loss, and was kept for further observation. Even the doctors were perplexed about my condition, because I 'was supposed' to be totally healthy as a half-demon.

Through my hospital stay, Vergil had only gone home while I slept, and was always there when I woke up. We never spoke a word more about our argument, because at the crucial timing, where I was tired as hell every day, sick to the bones of puking and bleeding, I didn't want to lose Vergil. We could talk things out like adults after I got well.

If I got well.

Leon and Vergil were soon out the door in search for a restroom, leaving Sasha alone in the ward with me. Worriedly, she took the seat by my bed, leaning in close with concern clear in her eyes.

"Are you sure you feel okay?" She asked as if she could not bear for me to feel any uncomfort. So, despite the fact that I was still feeling very weak, I smiled, took her hand and squeezed it to show that I was still going strong. It wasn't a total lie, because I still had Vergil watching over me.

"I'm fine now. Don't worry about me." I answered, glad that we were having a rare girls' time –however short it was. Ever since coming back to Limbo, I never really had the time to sit down and chat with Sasha since she was busy with her work, Leon, and dating Killian. I, on the other hand, was busy being sick and occupied with Vergil.

"You can tell me that, but I'll still worry about you until you're well again." Sasha expressed with a pained expression, as if she was the one in pain to see me sick.

"I'm really sorry for causing so much trouble for you and Leon. Ever since Vergil and I came back, we've been hijacking your place without paying any rent..."

"Nonsense." Sasha grinned. "You're my best friend. If I can't even let you stay at my place, then what kind of a friend am I? Besides, Vergil used to take care and watch over both Leon and I without even caring about what he spent. He bought loads of toys for Leon and most importantly gave the boy a father."

"But he left Leon so young to follow me into my world."

"Leon is a sensible boy. A little too sensible for his age, but he got it from his father –his real father, I mean. My husband was a man who knew things, and accepted everything faster than everyone else. Besides..."

The fading off perked my curiosity, and I found Sasha smiling with amusement. "Leon told me that his friends thought that Vergil Sparda being his father was the most awesome thing ever."

I could not help but laugh at that. Even young children nowadays knew about the story of Sparda and his sons? I had no idea that Vergil was such a famous personality going on around –but then again, my boyfriend would never truly pay attention to such things. Vergil's life, before meeting me, had mostly revolved around completing missions, making money and supporting his secret family as well as taking care of his lazy twin.