Part 6

(Part 6)

"Where are you going?" I jerked to a stop in surprise, utterly flabbergasted at the fact that he was awake. 4 o'clock in the afternoon, when the sun was still high in the sky. He was awake. It was almost impossible, but he was alive and conscious.

If I hadn't been planning to leave, I would already be running out of the house in shock. Surely he was possessed by a talking ghost? It couldn't be him, awake and alive in his own body at this time of the day, could it?

"What's wrong?" He asked with a hint of curiosity, but with a whole load of laziness in his voice that was unique only to him. "Where you going?"

"Hell." I answered honestly, shrugging to myself internally. I had intended to leave him alone to rot in my home without a word –since I could consider it a form of extended repayment to his father's kind deed. But since he had woken up, then I might as well just give him a heads-up on where I was heading.

"What; so you found a way to Hell?" He shifted so that he was lying on his side on my couch –the one I haven't been able to sleep on for the past two weeks because he had been literally lying on it the whole time.

"Indirectly so." I reasoned, setting my backpack down at my side and beginning to check through my things. I wasn't exactly sure what I needed, but I'd packed with the focus of keeping light-feet. My plan was actually still pretty murky, but at least I had something to go by now instead of grasping at straws and wondering whether Dante's story was true.

At least now I knew; Dante, lazy as a half-demon that he was, was at least honest in his story-telling. Leah and Vergil had gone to another world that they coined the 'Human World', and they had been moved there by angels. How did I confirm?

After two weeks of hard researching, I managed to stumble my way into an angel himself. In fact, I found him with such coincidence that I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence or not. Either way, the angel had introduced himself as the angel of Death, Azazel. It wasn't a nice name for an angel, but I guess beggars couldn't be choosers. Azazel had introduced himself to me, and said that he knew of my intention to look for Leah and Vergil.

He was quite a bastard, though, because he always held that 'I-am-better-than-you' expression and tone of voice. I had rather expected angels to be nicer in general, not have black wings, and generally treat the humans their master made nicely. Instead, what I got was a gruff, not-so-happy-looking angel who sounded like he rather be talking to dogs than to me.

Still, I managed to get some answers to my questions, before he threw me the game-changer. He told me to pack my things and meet him at the same place we met –which happened to be a god-forsaken street at the corner of Limbo City. It was so god-forsaken that I suspected the demons might not even want to hide there.

"What do you mean 'indirectly'?" He asked with a yawn, stretching out like a cat. "And unless you say you're planning to murder some innocent people then kill yourself to go to Hell, humour me."

I wondered why Dante found it so fricking easy to order me around. Did he really have no sense of what was the social convention? Quite literally, ever since realizing that he could sponge off me, he had done as much of it as he could. He slept for majority of the day and night, got up to use to bathroom, shower, eat a single meal, and fall back asleep. It had been his routine for the past two weeks, and I was still having a hard time trying to understand how he could maintain his physique. Was being half-demon equal to being blessed with a good body figure forever?

"I found an angel. He's bringing me to find Leah." I replied, zipping up my bag again. "I left a bit of cash on the table. Don't bother trying to find my credit cards. I locked my accounts down. I've paid the rent for the next few months, though. So, just in case I don't plan on coming back to see your sorry ass, this is goodbye forever, Mr. Sparda."