Chapter 2 starting school :/

All I knew about my new High School was it was a road away from my house and it was called 'Lassiter High’ sounds quite geeky if you ask me! Im so nervous that I can’t put it into words! It’s my first day of this weird American school! And I was the new girl. So here I was legs shaking as I walk down the hall to my new classroom. '' Good morning class I would like you all to meet Jasmine Montez, she will be a new student at our school so please make friends and then maybe you can play ringa-a-ringa rosies! Aha-ha-ha!'' The old lady croaked, I’m guessing she was my form teacher or in america 'homeroom teacher'. This was her idea of a joke. I thought what the hell is the lady on about? Then I realised she was Odd 70! How do I know? Well that’s another story. Anyway, she had the typical curly grey hair with split ends and her eyes colour swapped between grey and blue, her face was shrivelled like prunes and her cheek bones were sagging! How revolting she looked. Okay! I can be a bit mean at times. I scanned my eyes across the classroom looking at the different committees. They were all staring at me, like bats with there beady eyes apart from the fact they were sitting and not hanging off some cave, some were even openly pointing at me! I took a seat next to this girl who wasn’t staring at me but smiling at me welcomingly. She had uneven brown hair and she was wearing big rounded glasses which stuck to her skin. She gave me a goofy smile before gesturing for me to sit next to her. So i did. God help me!

* BEEP BEEP BEEP * The bell rang signalling lunch time. I groaned in pain after sitting through a whole hour of  Maths! And the constant  talking of my new friend, wait no, aqquaintance , you know the one i met at homeroom, yup,her name is Sheba Maxwell and  turns out she's so annoying! I had to sit there the whole lesson politely hearing her insanely boring holiday on the farm also her 'everysecond' corrections she made from the teacher, even the teacher was getting frustrated! 

" So, um ,i could show you my friends!" She said ,hunching her backpack further up her shoulders.  "Um, yeah Okay..." I said, praying for god to help me. She grabbed my hands and lamely ran into a direction. I shut my eyes, It was almost as if i could hear the people staring at me, and all of them were laughing. Could this get any worse. Yes. I opened my eyes to see a table of Nerds sitting , and when i turned around, yup, i was in the library! " This is Jasmine Montez, the new girl!" Sheba announced. They all looked at me. There was one boy silently reading, he had gelled hair and was wearing a checked shirt, another girl was doing some maths i assumed by looking at her sheet of  numbers and signs i did'nt even know! Then there was a group of 4 nerds half laughing and half snorting at a 'funny' mistake in a maths book. " Wanna help us solve some trigonometry!" Sheba said exitedly. " sure....." I replyed mentally crying. 

    After 10 minutes of this torture i had to do something, my stomach was literally grumbling which made me cringe as some girls were giggling at me. " So if the square roo-"

" Sheba! i have to eat!" i say desperately. " Sure go ahead" She replies,  furrowing her eyebrows. She REEALY doesn't know me when i'm hungry! Let's just say..it wouldn't be the most pleasant sight! So i rush off in search of the canteen and after two minutes i find it! I look hungrily at the food and buy some macaroni cheese. Mmmmm....i bet this is as good as Rosetta's! I was now looking for a place to sit and it was nearly impossible! I finally found one seat and it was next to this big and when i say big i mean it! Anyway this BIG boy stuffing his face in. Great. This should be fun. I bowed my head down so my hair fell by my face hiding my features. I sat down by him discreetly. He didn't even look up, this boy was so concentrated on his food, i guess that was a good thing. i quickly started to gulp down my food too as i wanted to get out of here. If i new it was gonna be like this i would've skipped lunch today. It was so annoying! Everyone was shouting in there loud annoying american voices, some were laughing, spitting food in the process, but there was one table which was quite big and was cleaner than the rest of the tables and was placed near the drink dispensers. The table was full of Barbie dolls, y'know with all the fake tan, fake colour hair, lipstick,and the fitted cheerleader costumes, gosh people we are not going to a fashion showw! And ofcourse there were boys, jocks! Yuck, i hate boys especially high school boys! Soo annoying! 'That must be the popular table' i thought. The barbies were flirtatiously fluttering there fake lashes and whipping there long hair back.'Yep, definitely the popular!' i rolled my eyes at them in disgust. Then i realised this was America and they have cliques! What clique was i in? Sheba + library + maths + me = NERD!  Oh god i'm gonna be a nerd! When i put a mouthful of macronicheese into my mouth it was cold. Dumb table. Finally the big boy looked up and without a second glance he stood up and walked off leaving his rubbish at my side. I sighed deeply. Just as i was about to turn around, i felt something hit the back of my head. i looked down at the tiled floor to see a paper ball. I turned around and instantly shouted, "Hey! Who threw that?" Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned around to look at me. 'okay, should not have done that' i thought to myself.  I had no idea what to do, but i knew i wanted to get out of here. Like now. 

  My body finally caught up with my brain as I swiftly stood and walked out of there as quickly as I could. Just as I was about the open the doors to exit, I felt someone grab my arm. I stopped in my tracks and looked up the person with the tight grip on me. It was a girl with maroon hair and dimples, who looked so familiar. ‘It was me that threw that paper ball.’ She said. “ Gee thanks! “ I say sarcastically. She laughed. “ You're so funny! You're Jasmine right? Im Ciara!” she said shaking my hand. “ You might not know me”, she continued “ I’m sorry I threw that ball at you, I just wanted to get you're attention.” she said it as if she really meaned it.” well I guess you’ve got it!” I say through a big grin. She then sighs and links arms with me walking with me out of the hall. I made a friend!  

 Picture of Sheba at the side >>>>>

Hope you like the book so far, dont give up on me! xxx