Chapter 13 When everything is perfect! x)

I walked home from school feeling woozy. Today had been a long day and i was sure the frst thing i would do when i got home would be to drop on my bed all unconsious. And that's exactly what i did. I was happy about everything, my life was back to normal again, new friends, a lunch table and no more boredom. The only thing was i was bored. I decided to text one of my new contacts only to have no reply. I sighed deeply and walked downstairs. 

"Dad what should i do i feel bored." I say in a slump. "Go to the local park" he says pushing me. I grab my jacket and walk out the door, i haven't been to the local park before who knows what kind of a park it is. You know how you get a rough dirty park with all thugs there and drunk people sleeping on the rusty benches or the parks where there are pretty sceneries and young couples with their dog or posh people with their children who are taught not to step on the flower beds. I finally arrived at this local park. There were a few slides and swings at one area where a few kids were playing and then there was a part where a lake flowed and a few trees and plants grew. You could hear the wind whistling and some laughter of the small children, altogether it was a pretty small park. I should come here more often i thought as i sat on a bench nearby. Everything was so peaceful. In the distance i could see a rather large shelter where i saw a boombox and figures of people dancing.

The air was quite warm yet busy with soft gusts of wind playing in the air. I walked over across the field to the shelter. The faces looked quite familiar, then i spotted sophie. "hey!" i say without hesitating. She was drinking some water before turning around. "oh hi! Jasmine..right?" She said unsure yet looking friendly. I nodded.

"Since when do you come here?" She asked surprised. "I literally live 2 minutes away from here what about you?" i asked. " Oh yeah i forgot to tell you we practice here after school, with schoolwork and that it's a bit of a struggle to practice and that especially when the dance finales comin' up!" She said pushing her hands deep into her pockets. She talked quite a bit of slang or was it just informal language? " Oh yeah! Would you mind practicing with us? You don't need to do alot, yet the dance wouldn't be the same without you!" She said tugging at my arm. "Oh yeah, pleeease" a chinky eyed boy butted in. He looked at me pleadingly and it was hard not to laugh at how much his eyes were as thin as a line. "I guess, i'm not doin-" before i was able to finish the sentence they both pulled me into the crowd. They did this move which i then had to copy, when i nervously did it they all clapped and did the next move. Soon i got the hang of it and by the end of practise the sky was a deep blue. 

"Wow! You.were.amazing! You have to come tomorow! Please?" She asked. "Sure" i laughed. It was so much fun and i was surprised how everyone got along with eachother and how they helped me. Yet i still had one question to ask. "Where's Avnita?" Sophie's smile instanly dropped. "Oh, she's looking after her little brother since her mom is working till late since they've got a few problems with money. She can't practise with us after school so yeah, i feel kinda bad for her."

A thought came to my head and i quickly told Sophie. " Why don't we go to her house then?" I blurted. Sophie's eyes lit up. "Yeahhh, Oh my gosh guys Jas has this amazing plan to help Av!" She said turning to face the others. She told them exitedly like a little kid talking about a new toy hey had. They all listened and agreed and some gave me the thumbs up and smiled. I enjoyed having their company.

When i got home dad was in a good mood. He must've been as he didn't even say anything as i came through the door. It was 7pm and most teens don't stay in the park for more than an hour. He literally smiled. It's like he was in a daze. " Hello? Earth to daad?" I chirped. "Hello Cherrypie!" He hugged me smelling of a womens cologne. "Okay who is she?" i questioned raising my eyebrows at him waiting for an answer. He giggled like a small boy. "Kelly from work, she came to drop off one of my briefcases when i had prepared tea, and since you were out" he said a little sternly, while pinching my nose."I invited her for tea!" I smiled at him. He hadn't been this happy since mum died and i was really happy that he was making some progress. He offered me some left over tea and when i had finished eating i went upstairs to do some homework which was pointless as my stubborn eyes refused to open. Soon i was fast asleep knowing i would get detention tomorow because of failure to produce homework. Blame it on my eyes teacher.