Family is more than blood

Milika and Gordon stepped out of the terminal, and frantically searched for Lauren, ignoring their complaining children. Spotting Lauren standing to the side with a small smile, Milika smiled widely. The death of her baby girl had affected the family hard, but as time grew on, she was finding herself accepting the cards fate handed them, and was returning back to the land of stability.

"Lauren!" Gordon called smiling.

Lauren approached the family, nervously, but offering them a kind smile.

"Hey Big G, how was the flight?" asked Lauren hugging the large man.

Dinah's father gripped into a tight bear hug and quickly passed her to his nervous wife. "It was a great flight. You didn't have to pay for the tickets though Lo. But thank you anyway." He said smiling.

Lauren waved it off and said,"Your visiting Family G. It shouldn't cost you anything. Hey Mama H."

Milika hugged Lauren tightly as her voice3 quivered,"How is she?"

Lauren smiled widely and said,"She's doing great. She's adjusting well, and fells right at home. Dinah would be proud. We'll have to go on a tour of the town, if your up for it tomorrow. There a few places I think you would Love."

Milika smiled sadly and said,"I heard on the news that the town is very 5H inspired. Was that you?"

Lauren nodded shrugging. "Yeah. There are building named for each of the girls. Emily see's her moms face a lot. Will you guys be able to handle it? We can save the tour for when you ready?" Lauren suggested softly.

Milika shook her head and said,"Sometimes we have to get ourselves ready, and if my grand daughter can deal with it, then I will too."

Lauren smiled softly and nodded in understanding. They were interrupted by a slew of people exiting the terminal. Lauren saw all of Dinah's siblings and their families walking towards them, and reminded herself to set a good impression.

"Lauren." Sarah greeted stiffly, as she held her hand out for Lauren to shake. Lauren shook her head and said,"Hello again Sarah."

"Lo!" a woman squealed running towards her.

The second Lauren saw her face, she knew little Regina was here, well she wasn't so little anymore. The seventeen year old jumped into Lauren arms, hugging her tightly.

"Gina." Lauren breathed out shakily, holding the girl tightly.

"Look at you. You've grown so much." Lauren said emotionally running her eyes over the teen after pulling away.

"Well I missed you at the wake, so its been like almost six years since you've seen me." Regina sassed glaring.

Lauren's eyes watered as she smiled at the girl she used to play with while touring the world, and shook her head with a grin.

"I've missed that Hansen sass." Lauren chuckled grinning.

"Emily doesn't sass you?" Milika asked surprised.

"Sometimes, but I can't tell if its Hansen or Jauregui sometimes. My kid Bianca is a older sister to her, and Emily tends to copy her attitude. I swear, last week they broke Camz's new flower vase playing softball in the house, and Emily's excuse was,'you told me to play in the house' and I just started laughing." Lauren told them grinning.

"Oh my, how did Camila react?" Milika asked amused.

Lauren chuckled and said,"Like every sixth month pregnant woman, she cried. Then she ranted grounding them for playing out side. When Emily told her what she told me, camz grounded me and ungrounded them. Then apologized an hour later stating her hormones were making her crazy, and baked a cake."