Bed rest

The days after the trial were difficult. Yes, there was a sense of relief when it was over, but there was also the things that happened during the trial that bothered the three woman of the Jauregui house hold, and no one was acknowledging it.

They treated each other with politeness, and were more than quiet. Lauren had never felt so alone with the people she loved at her disposal and their obvious displeasure with her. She was currently in the front yard on a high ladder hammering nails on the roof for Christmas lights, contemplating what she could do to change their mood towards her.

Lauren was hammering down the last nail, when Camila came out of the house quietly startling her.

"Hey do you want..." Camila started only to watch Lauren jump and slip off the ladder.

"LO!" Camila screamed.

Lauren had grabbed onto the gutter of the roof and was holding on to the two story roof for dear life. Camila quickly shoved the ladder underneath Lauren, and Lauren quickly found safe footing so she could grab the ladder Camila was holding, and let go of the wobbling gutter shakily. She made her way down the ladder slowly, and breathed a sigh of relief when her feet hit the ground.

Camila threw herself at Lauren, holding her tightly as she cried in fear. Lauren hugged her crying wife and tried whispering soothing words in her ear.

"I'm fine babe..." Lauren started but was quickly cut off.

Camila pulled back fast as lightning and started to hit Lauren's chest causing Lauren to wince.

"Why do you always have to be in danger Lauren! Why can't you just avoid dangerous shit like any normal person! Your either getting shot, or over stressing yourself, or taunting men who want to kill you! Now your climbing up ladders alone with no one to make sure your safe! What if I wasn't here Lauren?! What would you have done?" Camila sobbed out hysterically.

Lauren wanted to be sympathetic, but the anger she felt about being ignored crashed down at her, and she found herself lashing out.

"Ladder was a accident! But your not really mad about the ladder are you Camila!? Your mad I tested Austin!" Lauren shouted angrily.

Ally and Normani had hurried outside when they heard shouting, and stopped fifteen feet away from the angry couple, knowing fireworks were coming, and knew it had been coming since the day they had left the courthouse.

"YES I'M MAD YOU TESTED AUSTIN! HE TRIED TO KILL YOU AND YOU PURPOSELY IGNORED MY CONCERNS AND TESTED HIM ANYWAY! WHAT ABOUT YOUR WIFE LAUREN! DID YOU THINK ABOUT ME WHEN YOU RISKED YOUR LIFE! DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE LIFE WITH ME AND YOUR CHILDREN THAT YOU ALMOST THREW AWAY!" Camila screamed.

Camila was crying, and Lauren was fuming.

"Yes I did. I thought about how If I didn't do this, if I didn't show the jury just what kind of man he was, my FAMILY would never be safe from him. He would have gotten out of the mental ward eventually Camila, and I wasn't going to allow him to come here and hurt everyone I loved, without doing everything I could to prevent him. I thought about keeping my child safe because god knows what Austin would have done to him or her. My family has always been what drives me, and I'm sorry I scared you, but I do not regret it. I will NEVER regret anything that keeps my family safe. So I'm sorry that it scared you, I'm truly sorry... but I did what I had to do. I wasn't going to wait around for the day Austin Mahone took something away from me AGAIN. You don't have to tell me what could have happened Camila, because no one knows what Austin Mahone is capable of more than me." Lauren finished before walking away.

Camila stood outside staring at the spot Lauren had vacated, and heard the front door slam shut. Her sobs started low, and built until she felt she couldn't breath. She felt two sets of arms around her whispering,"shh. Calm down Mila."