Tribute

Demi and Simon entered the shop with the girls and were greeted by an exhausted Lauren.

"Hey guys, its good to see you guys again." Lauren said approaching them tiredly.

"Hey sweet heart hows it going?" Demi asked embracing her worried.

Lauren shrugged saying, "I'm okay."

"Hello Lauren, your looking beautiful." said Simon smiling as he embraced her.

"Hey Simon, your cars just been finished if you want to take a look." Lauren said smiling at the sudden excitement in his eyes.

"Of course!"He replied eagerly. The group followed her to the part of the shop that held his car. They gasped as the saw his vibrant yellow sting ray corvette.

"She's beautiful Lauren. Your a genius!" Simon exclaimed in awe.

As the Demi and Simon admired the car, Ally,Camila and Normani sent Lauren a skeptical gaze which she hastily ignored.

"We saw this car two days ago and it wasn't even close to being this finished." Ally stated worried as she looked at Lauren noticing the bags under her eyes.

"Lo when did you have time to work on this? You couldn't have gotten this done today. You've only been here for nine hours." Camila said confused.

"She came back last night after putting the girls to bed, left this morning to make them breakfast and after you dropped them off at daycare came back here." Sam said frustrated walking up to the group and handing Lauren a large cup of coffee.

"Lo!" the girls exclaimed worried.

"I feel fine, the cars done and I'm backed up. Between training the guys and taking time off to be with the girls,I have a list of cars still waiting. Once the guys are trained I'll have more time; but I don't yet. Everything will be fine, I'll nap for an hour soon." Lauren tiredly explained gulping her coffee.

"Lo the girls will understand if you have to spend a few days working. It will help you to catch up and then you can be around for them without wearing yourself out." Camila said concerned.

"Camila...girls I'm fine honest. It takes time to adjust, and my body is adjusting. You don't have to worry. So are you guys going to Demi's concert?" Lauren said changing the subject as the girls scowled at her.

"We're taking the kids to the concert, and when we do, I want you to try to get some sleep Lo. Please if not for you, do it for us?" Ally said back to her tired friend.

"Really Ally? Guilt trip huh? I see some things don't change. Fine I'll take a nap now and then go to the concert with you guys. Before you argue, I have to go and make sure it's set up and do my mayorly duties." Lauren scowled compromising.

Ally sighed and nodded her head. "Alright Lo, we'll wake you up before we leave." Ally replied giving in the her friends compromise.

Lauren gave Sam her cup and made her way to the lounge.

"That's serious progress." Sam said smiling.

The group looked at her confused. Sam looked at them with a smile and said,"I've been Lo's friend and employee for years, its nearly impossible to get her to take a break, even a small one. Consider this a major victory girls." Sam called walking away.

Ally smiled, pleased with herself. She had always been like the mother of the group and it hurt her to have such a strained relationship with the girl she had been most close to. Her and Lauren would trade off motherly responsibilities when it came to the younger girls. Her role in Laurens life after Fifth Harmony was a never ending guilt trip. She would never forgive herself for giving up on her friend. Lauren wouldn't have given up if any of the girls had mysteriously gone missing. It only confirmed how much better a person Lauren was then them. She truly had the heart of gold.