Funeral full of surprises

Camila was numb. Her best friend was gone...

She was having a difficult time just saying the words out loud, let alone thinking it.

Camila sat in front of her dresser, and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were puffy and her attempt to hide the evidence with make up had been a massive fail. She could almost hear Dinah in her mind, teasing her about looking so gross at her funeral. The thought almost made her smile.

Almost....

Camila took a deep breath and moved to stand, when there was a knock on her door.

"Come in." She said answered, voice cracking against her will.

The door opened, revealing her two best friends dressed in black. Normani and Ally both looked a mess as they gathered the breaking Cuban in their arms. They cried for a solid ten minutes before releasing each other.

"We have to get going, the funeral is going to start soon." said Ally quietly, wiping  her eyes.

Camila and Normani nodded and numbly moved to pick up their purses as they followed Ally out of the house.

They drove in silence to the Cemetery. Once they arrived, they followed the other cars and silently got out, making their way to Dinah's family. Dinah's mother was holding little Emily in her arms as the child cried for her parents. Confused as to why everyone was upset and wouldn't explain why she couldn't see her mom and dad, Emily had a break down, causing her little body to shake. Dinah's mother was so upset that she was having a hard time pulling herself together to comfort her Grand daughter. When her eye's met Camila's, they looked at her pleadingly, causing her to move from her best friends side and approach the broken grandmother.

"I can take her." Camila whispered as the preacher started to talk.

Nodding her head, Milika gave Emily to Camila, then grasped her husband as she broke down at how powerless she felt. She normally was a strong woman, but losing her baby, her oldest was too much for her mind to take. Camila walked back to her two friends, and started to whisper soothing words in Emily's ear as her God daughter started to calm. She heard a faint sound of an engine, and didn't bother to pay it any mind. She was lost in thought as she held Emily in her arms, and noticed the little girl had fallen asleep. Poor thing cried herself to sleep she thought.

"Oh my god." Gasped Ally quietly.

Camila looked up and saw her two friends gaping behind her. A chill ran up her spine as she slowly turned around, and saw a familiar figure dressed in a dark flannel shirt and jeans leaning against a gravestone under an old oak tree. The figure wore a baseball hat and sunglasses, hiding her face..... but Camila knew. She knew who was standing under that tree, and it made her heart ache and burn with anger.... and sadness. She turned her back to the girl and proceeded to ignore the anxious looks from her two friends, and listened to the preacher's sermon. Her time came to speak of her friend, and she did it as she held Dinah's sleeping child. She tried to will the tears back, but failed as they ran down her face. She spoke of her first impression of her during their x-factor days, Dinah's pranks and sleeping habits as they toured the world. Their beautiful friendship, and the great love Dinah had for her family. Her work in helping others discover their dreams, and the relentless pride and love she had for her daughter.

By the end of her speech, everyone around them were in tears. Camila watched as they lowered Dinah's casket at the same time as her husbands, and picked up a handful of dirt. She made her way to Siope's grave and let it go, whispering her goodbye. As Camila's feet made their way to Dinah's grave, her eyes burned as she repeated the action. Whispering her promise to take care of Dinah's little girl as the dirt fell from her finger tips. Camila turned and walked towards Dinah's family as they started to leave. She handed Emily to her grandfather, and waited till her two friends had said goodbye, and the three started to walk back to the car.