Solitary

'Following events happen after Oscar's escape'

"What do you mean I can't stay here!"

Oscar spit at the scrubby kid that stood before him. His black hair was slicked to the right with grease. His teeth were crooked and yellow.

Oscar swore and took a step back. He knew he couldnt stay here. But a group of grunts have followed him here. He was torn. Either try to force his way in. Or run back and fight the grunts off. He looked down at the gun in his hand. He picked it up at his grandfather's house.

"Please mate! My group left me to die!"

Oscar begged the kid to be let in. But the kid laughed and grinned.

"And you didn't die eh? Why don't you turn around and finish the job." He nodded down to the large scrape across Oscars arm. It was yellow and bleeding. Probably infected, Oscar told them it was a scratch. But it actually was a bite. From when he hesitated to kill his grandfather.

Oscar shook his head and looked up. He would have to fight.

Oscar yelled and kicked the kids jaw hearing a crack. The kid, surprised fell back with a scream. His buddies grabbing their weapons. But Oscar was lucky to check his surroundings. Behind him was a water hydrant. About 8 feet away.

He turned aimed, and shot it. Then ducked as a powerful surge of water shot towards the door. The sound of the gun rang in his ears. He vaulted over the door railing as three grunts lunged forward. Their rotten bodies gave away blood into the water.

Oscar knew that the kids would be infected. Nothing he could help though, they wanted him dead.

He heard their cries as more grunts poured in the door. Small spots of red appeared behind the water as the kids were being eaten. Oscar got up and grinned. His eyes yellow like an animal. His thoughts spun as he looked at the red pools of blood. Like a pattern.

He walked lazily to the door letting the grunts passed. They didn't touch him, only sniffed. Why? He didn't know.

Oscar looked down at the bodies of grunts and kids where fighting had took place. He then saw the floor boards. They were loosely in place. This house must've been abandoned.

His eyes darted around. The lights from the candles were now soft and blurry. But the blood, was bold and seemed to be glowing. He placed his hand over one puddle of blood. He watched the warm liquid dance over his fingers.

But the nice feeling stopped when a survivor. A ragged boy about 15 grunted and swung his crowbar into Oscars shoulder. The boy didn't act like he fought alot. So they both were sent to the floor. Two more boys ran into the room, much bigger and buffer. They laughed and picked Oscar up.

One punched Oscars ribs sending pain through his body. He leaned his head back and grunted. He would never get his revenge on Mike and his friends who left him. He would never live to see another day.

Oscars hand fell into the puddle of blood. The feeling and comfort returned to him. He took his gun down and shot the floor. The boards gave in sending them down onto the wet concrete. Their bodies smacked against it hard.

All of them were dazed. Including Oscar. But his gun gave him hope. He landed near the first boy which was rubbing his jaw and moaning.

Oscar set the barrel under his jaw and the boy looked up confused. Oscar looked away and pulled the trigger. He felt a warm splatter against his cheek. Another kid stood up. His ankle looked to be torn open. The kids hands grasped at his leg and he gurgled trying to scream. A grunt had sent its teeth into his throat. They both collapsed.

Oscar always wondered why the infected ate the kids. He always thought. That they were just trying to copy the disease into their blood. But the grunts never let the kids live after they sunk their teeth into them. They just ate them. Oscar looked down at his lap where the ragged boy lay. His skull deformed from the bullet.

Oscar took his finger over the boys throat and licked the blood. His lips curled into a smile and he was excited. His thoughts,sight, and hearing became sharp. He lifted the boy and bit into his shoulder.

The taste of the blood running through his throat thrilled him. He sat there taking bite after bite. Until only bones remained. He then licked them off and kicked them away. The grunts around them saw his gun in his hand. Oscar followed their gaze and yelled.

"Its mine!"

The grunts fell silent.

Oscar knew what had happened.

He was now in charge, but in some way.

Alone. For he was the only sane one here...