Chapter 13 - The true meaning of friendship.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Sorry it took me so long to update, I've had 2 weeks of exams, friends birthdays and my Confirmation. And now I'm ill. I hope you enjoy, it's kind of short, but to the point. ~ Rebecca.

********************

"Chapter 13 - The true meaning of friendship."

Lauren's POV

As we approached the class Matt stopped and took his arm off of the back of my waist, "Lauren, if anyone ones says anything they're straight out, okay?" Matt said kindly.

I just nodded in reply.

Matt lifted up my chin so that I was looking at him, "Lauren, you've got to pretend, just for a while, just put on a brave face, you can stay with me at lunch if you want, oh and I've been told I'm taking your detention today." He said casually.

That made me snap out of my thoughts, "What detention?"

"The 'gas leak' news travels, the head was really surprised and annoyed with you, Lauren, are you okay, really?" He asked touching my cheek.

"Well I get to spend 50 minutes with you at lunch and how long after school?" I said cheering up at the thought, maybe this detention would be more like a treat then a punishment.

"An hour, looking forward to it I see." He said as a smile spread across my face. I kissed him on the cheek quickly, "We'd better get to class or people would get suspicious." He said smirking, "Even tough some already are. Come on then." He said as we reached the class and he opened the door.

Everyone stopped and looked up, most people just started to whisper, but my 'friends' looked at me with disgust, all except Anna, who patted the seat next to her for me to go over to it, which I did so gladly.

"Hey." I said just to be polite.

"Hi, it's okay you know, if you like him you should be with him, it's none of mine or anyone else's business. So how you feeling?" She said like it was nothing, like I'd come back to school from being ill, except I had just lost all my friends, all bar one.

"Um, it's okay as it could be I guess. Thanks for just still being my friend." I said wanting to stop the conversation I didn't feel like talking and Matt was trying to quieten the class.

"It's okay, it's the least I could do, but I feel you don't want to talk and that's okay, but if you do need someone to talk to, I'm always here." She said as she gently rubbed my back and then she got on with her work, as did I.

********************

What will happen at lunch time? What will English class bring? Her first ever detention, what will happen? What will her parents say when she gets home? Keep reading to find out what will happen next in 'What a pack of lies.'

Copyright © All Rights Reserved