Chapter 3 - Oh I do love my fridge!

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Hi fellow wattpaders! Just wanted to say thank you for reading my book, again. And please fan and vote, also please comment to tell me what you think of the book so far, and if you have any suggestions for improvements or ideas for the story. Thank you again for reading "What a pack of lies." ~ Rebecca

********************

"Chapter 3 - Oh I do love my fridge!"

What to eat? Um. I think I'll have a fry. Right fridge. Um bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms; let's skip the black and white pudding. That stuff is just gross. I made a face as the thought of eating it came into my head.

Orange juice or milk? Um. Let's go for orange juice. "What's this?" I whispered to myself. There was a yellow sticky note stuck to the inside of the fridge door behind the orange juice and the milk.

Sticky note says:

Leave the food, go to the cooker and then find the next note.

Okay that is weird. I'm hungry though; maybe I'll make my breakfast and find the next note afterwards.

I brought everything I needed over to the worktop next to the cooker.

The note on the cooker said:

Lauren I said leave the food, you may be hungry but just do as I say. Go to the dining room and look for the note on the table.

Next to the note on the cooker was a small box, it was gift wrapped, I put it in my pocket, I'll look at it later. In the dining room there was another note on the table with a bigger gift wrapped box next to it.

That note said:

Good you've got this far the rest is just as easy. Get a ladder and look in the small cupboard above the tall cupboards in the corner. Get your memory box down and search for the next note.

Easy I have to get a ladder and then search through a big box of 'stuff.' Great.

Well I might as well have a look. I grabbed the ladder which was in the cupboard under the stairs. I place the ladder into position and climbed up it. I opened the cupboard. Right where is it? Tent, no. Random school books from year 1, no. A flask, no. Broken board games and puzzles, no. A sewing box which is never used, no. Ah-ha memory box! I grabbed the box and dragged it to the front of the cupboard, hauled it down and put it on the table. Mum is going to kill me, random inanimate unused objects strewn across the dining room floor and dust from my memory box all over her freshly cleaned and ironed table cloth. Now to search for the sticky note. Photos from each school year, from reception right up to last years, this year's hasn't been taken yet. No note on any of them.

Oooh 'favourite blanky' my childhood blanket, still smells the same, and it's still as cuddly! Right, Lauren your 18 not 8. Pull yourself together. No not on favourite blanky. Family days out photos - might be there. Oh I know it's probably in the train museum photos. Fifth birthday where are you? Gotcha! Found it.

The present was under the photos and the note read:

By the way you looked so cute at the train museum when you were five and you'll look just as good today! Now go to the dining room chairs and find the note.

What? I have to search like a billion chairs now! Brilliant. Okay maybe it's like 20, okay there are only 12, but that's still a lot, especially for a small house like mine.

I lived in a double fronted house, it gad to floors and a loft conversion. On the ground floor we had a large modern kitchen with an island and a breakfast bar. Then we had out living room which had a 70" telly, Two 3 seat sofas two arm chair; which were all leather; a coffee table and two display cabinets. Then we had a downstairs toilet and bathroom. And finally there was the dining room, which had some cupboards, a 12 seat dining table, some display shelves, one had a music stereo on it, and there were also some display cabinets. Upstairs, there were 4 bedrooms each with thier own bathroom. We also had a family bathroom and an airing cupboard, which was as big as a small car. Then finally, in the loft conversion, we used half as a games room, and the other half was my dad's study, which I was prohibited from entering, but I have no clue as to why. My house was relatively small compared to others around here, some were twice, maybe even three times as big as mine, but I didn't mind, I like my house the way it was, even if I wasn't allowed in the study.

Note, note, note, note? Where would you put a note? Found it!

Note:

You found it then. Now look under this chair for the present then find the next note and present by the stereo on the shelf. Good luck!

Got the present, it was stuck hanging off the bottom of the chair from a piece of sticky tape. Right the stereo, behind, no. Next to it, no. Under it, no. Where else could it be? Inside of course! There was a C.D. It was wrapped up but it wasn't in a box and it had a hole in the middle so it still fit over the round holdy part of the machine.

On the bottom of the gift wrapped disc it said:

Mission 5 complete. Well done special agent Lauren. Your next mission if you choose to accept it is to go in the garden, follow the footprints and there you will find a package with further instructions attached. Over and out. Signed agent D.A.D.

So off I went to the garden; with a small smile on my face after dad's attempt at humour, which wasn't very good. I found the present and the rest of the clues; I also found the other gifts and notes. I had found 17 gifts so far, but apparently there was still another one, after that I would have found them all.

The clue had said:

You need to climb up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire, then search for the sack you put your head on.

The thing is I live in Hertfordshire, which is kind of near ish to Bedfordshire. But I don't know of any wooden hill near it, and I am quite good at Geography at school. What sack could I or would I put my head on though?

Right I'll do some research, '"climb up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire" is a nursery rhyme which means to go upstairs to your room and go to sleep.' So I need to go to my room and look for a sack. No it's must be my pillow.

Under the pillow was a note and another present.

The note said:

Lauren you have now completed all the tasks and you have all of the 18 presents for your 18th birthday. Go down stairs and wait for me and your mum.  

P.S. You're not going to the train museum we knew how much you hated it last time, we just thought we'd play a trick on you. Love mum and dad. xxx

They are so going to pay for tricking me; at least I got 18 presents though.

********************

Copyright © All Rights Reserved