Chapter 18 - Ch-ch-changes.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! 107 VOTES!!!! AND 1,537 READS!!!! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Okay, just want to say thank you to Mr. Bean, who made me aware of steak tartare (it will make sense) that episode was really funny!

AND the title of this chapter is part of a song by David Bowie, so thank you for that, the song it called, yep you guessed it, 'Changes.'

That's all for now, enjoy the chapter and thank you again! :D ~ Rebecca.

********************

"Chapter 18 - Ch-ch-changes."

Lauren's POV

I arrived at the restaurant, Matt wasn't there yet, but after all I was twenty minutes early.

I had quickly went to Anna's house she had let me use her shower, because I couldn't of at my house, I was still really warm, so I put the shower on the coldest setting. Anna also don't my hair and make up for me too.

I was waiting for around ten minutes when I saw Matt's car pull up.

"Lauren, how long have you been waiting?" He asked straight away as he came up to me and have me a hug and some flowers.

"Ten minutes." I shyly stated, I was always too early for things, and it made people feel really bad.

"Why?" He asked as he took my hand and led me towards the door to the restaurant.

"I'm always too early for stuff, sorry." I uttered quietly.

I was surprised that he had heard me, then he replied, "Well in the future I'll give you the wrong time so that you turn up just on time instead of early."

"Hello, is it a table for two?" The waitress asked politely.

"Yes, can we be away from the centre please?" I asked in just as much as I polite voice.

"Oh course madam, here you are, I'll bring your menus over in just a moment." The waitress announced as we started to sit at out table.

"Thank you." I quickly replied.

She walked back over to the door as another couple came into the restaurant.

"So why did you want a private table?" Matt pondered at my choice of table.

"To be honest with you, I'm not feeling too good, I just feel really warm, so having people looking at me would make me feel worse." I admitted plainly.

"Are you sure your okay to be here?" Matt kindly inquired.

"Yep, I'm sure, I wouldn't miss this for the world." I replied quietly, I really wasn't feeling well, but I couldn't leave, could I?

"Are you sure, we could reschedule?" He asked ever so kindly again.

"Yes, I'm sure." I stated sternly staring into Matt's eyes.

"Did I ever say what beautiful eyes you have?" Matt complimented me as he reached his arm over to hold my hand in his.

"No, you haven't." I shyly stammered and looked down.

I knew it wasn't that great a compliment, but the way he looked at me and spoke to me was compliment enough. He was truly a gentleman, even if he was my teacher.

"Here are you menus, sir, madam." I waitress said as she handed us our menus. "Sorry for the wait, I'll be back in a few moments to take your order."

"Thank you." Matt said.

"Thanks." I replied.

We started to look at our menus, I came to the decision that I would have the baked salmon, with mashed potato, roasted vegetables and a glass of lemonade.

Matt however, decided to have, the steak tartare, raw egg, capers and onions served on rye bread, with a coke.

I couldn't believe he was going to eat it, raw meat, raw egg, raw capers and raw onions. The only cooked thing he was eating was the bread, I couldn't imagine anything more disgusting.

After two minutes the waitress returned with out drinks, and twenty minutes later returned with our food.

"Are you going to really eat that?" I asked.

"Yeah, I love it, it really is nice. It i were to have steak it would have to be blue." He said as he picked up his knife and fork.

I sniffed the air, all I could smell was my fish. "Yeah I'm sure." I said as I picked up my cutlery, then took a deep breath before I was about to start eating.

All of a sudden I could smell the raw meat on the table in front of Matt, it smelt so good, I was surprised I could smell it, it was raw, so there shouldn't really be a smell, but there was.

It was exquisite, I was salivating so much, I began to drool. I had never smelt anything so good, I began to grip the table, I couldn't resist this delectable meat before me.

"Lauren, what is up with you?" Matt said as he looked up, I must have looked agitated. "Bloody hell, what's up with your eyes? Your hands, your nails, they're like 3 inches long!" Matt stuttered dumbfounded.

********************

Video of Mr Bean and Steak Tartare at the side.

Whats wrong with Lauren? Will she be okay? What will Matt do? Why does she like raw meat all of a sudden? What's happened to her eyes and her nails? Keep reading to find out what will happen next in 'What a pack of lies.'

Copyright © All Rights Reserved