Chapter 16 - Lies and Secrets.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Here you go, 4 chapters in 2 days! :) I hope you enjoy them, I'm still ill though :'( but it means I get to write for you guys! :) ~ Rebecca.

********************

"Chapter 16 - Lies and Secrets."

Lauren's POV

Buzz buzz buzz

"Hello?" I said answering my phone with my eyes shut.

"Hi Lauren, were you asleep?" Anna asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I called your house but your mum said you weren't there, she sounded angry, where are you?" Anna asked inquisitively.

I opened my eyes in a flash to realise I was still sitting on Matt's sofa, he was still asleep. "I went to Matt's house after school instead of the detention, he said it was okay, so we just left. We were watching TV and must of fallen asleep." I said realised my parents were probably going to kill me. "What's the time?"

"Oh, it's seven, what do you think your parents are going to do?" She asked with a hint of worry.

"I don't know, but it won't be good." I said as I got up and picked my coat and bag up. "I'd better her off the phone, I'll have to wake Matt up to give me a lift home. I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Okay, bye, good luck with your parents." Anna said with a smile in her voice.

"Okay bye." I said and hung up my phone.

"Matt." I said whilst shaking his shoulder lightly. "Matt. Wake up."

"What?" He said, then opened his eyes. "Oh hey, what's the time?" He said looking at the window and seeing it was dark already.

"It's seven, I really need to get home, my parents are going to go mad." I said getting worried.

"Okay, lets go." Matt said and picked up his keys and a jacket.

----------

We arrived at my house at seven thirty ish, I gave Matt a hug and kiss on the cheek and quickly got out of the car, "Thanks for the lift." I said as I closed the door of the car, "see you tomorrow."

"Bye beautiful." He said and I started to walk to the house, as he pulled off I waved and he waved in return.

----------

"Where have you been?!" My mum screamed as I carefully opened the door trying to avoid detection, but I had clearly failed.

"I'm sorry mum, I got a project today, I had to go to the library with Anna so we could get started on it, then we went to get something to eat, my phone died so I couldn't call you, I'm really sorry mum." I said quickly, I'd been planning my lie while I was in the car, I thought it was quite a good one.

"Okay, sure, would you mind if I'd check?" Mum said not believing me.

"Yeah, I'll charge my phone then I'll give you her number. Is that alright?" I said politely.

"No, no, it's not." She said in an annoyed but slightly upset voice, and then looked down. "You are my daughter, I should believe you, I'm sorry."

I was surprised, but relieved at the same time, my lie actually pulled through, I must be better at acting then I first thought.

"It's okay mum, I should have called to tell you, sorry again." I said trying to make mum feel better, I still felt guilty that I made her feel guilty about I lie I'd told her.

"Well you won't want dinner, since you've already eaten, you can go to your room, do some homework or something, and charge your phone." Mum said trying to get away from me.

"Um okay." I said and went up the stairs as quickly as I could.

----------

Mrs. O'Connell's (Lauren's Mum's) (Freya's) POV

"She's lying." I whisper shouted at Gwaine.

"Look Freya, we don't know for sure. Anyway, we're meeting the boy tomorrow, just make sure she's out of the house then, we don't want her finding out." Gwaine replied.

"Okay, how comes you always know how to make me feel better?" I said whilst walking over to him and sitting on his lap.

"We've been married for more years then I care to remember." He relied and kissed me on the cheek.

"I know, but she did smell weird, I don't like it. The sooner we meet the boy the better." I said and rested my head against Gwaine's shoulder.

She will tell the truth, she won't lie to me again, I'll make sure of it. The sooner tomorrow comes the better.

********************

(Gwaine is Lauren's Dad, and Freya is Lauren's Mum.)

Who is this boy Lauren's parents keep talking about? What will her mum do? Will Lauren lie again? Will her lie of payed off? Keep reading to find out what will happen next in 'What a pack of lies.'

Copyright © All Rights Reserved