Chapter 20 - Burnt eggs

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Sorry for not uploading, hope you enjoy chapter 20 :) ~ Rebecca

********************

"Chapter 20 - Burnt eggs ."

Lauren's POV

I was woken by the sound of a large crash, followed by a "Damn." From Matt.

I had an awful pain in my neck, probably because I have sleep on a sofa and not a bed.

Matt's head peered round the Door to see if I'd been awoken by the noise, "Sorry, did I wake you?" Matt asked softly.

"It's alright, what were you doing?" I asked.

With a sheepish expression on his face he said, "I was attempting to cook, breakfast for you."

"And how's that going? Smashing from what I could hear." I smiled at his plan.

"Yep, I'm not a very good cook and I'm really clumsy, so smashing is the word." He said laughing at his incapacity to cook.

"D'you want a hand?" I said as I got up, now it wasn't just my neck it was my back, legs, arms, everything.

"No, I assume your not feeling too good, it's what happens after your first 3 or 4 changes." Matt said.

"I'll be fine and anyway doctors say it's better to keep moving." I stated indifferently.

"Yeah, but that's for humans, your a wolf now remember?" Matt said as he pointed at the sofa for me to sit down.

"Are you sure? I'd rather move." I said stubbornly as i started to walk towards Matt and the door to the kitchen.

"Fine, but it'll make you worse." He said in an all knowing voice.

"I'll risk it." I said as I gave Matt a hug.

I took his hand and started walking to the door, "Come on, I'll teach you how to cook." He followed.

----------

I collapsed on to the sofa, an hour, 1 hour it took Matt to learn how to fry an egg, was it really possible that he was that bad, and he was a teacher.

"There are literally no words to say to you." I breathed quietly as we walked into the dining room, Matt was carrying a tray with two slices of toast and a fried egg on each. Mine was cooked to a slight golden brown colour, whereas Matt's was black. "How can you not even mown how to cook, you live on your own, how do you survive?" I threw question after question at him.

"I eat out or get takeaways." He stated plainly as if it was so simple.

"It's an egg, you seriously burnt an egg, 5 times. I don't even understand. How did you manage that 5 times?" I said still not believing that he actually couldn't cook.

"Um it was 6 times, I hid the first one." He said as if it was funny.

I just looked at him with a blank expression.

"So instead of eating out tonight, shall I cook?" He said smiling.

"Yeah, we'll have food poisoning, that'll make a lovely meal." I said sarcastically.

I pulled out a chair, and started to sit down, I winced in pain.

"Well, I did warn y-" I shot Matt a look to tell him I wasn't in the mood for an 'I told you so' statement.

"Let's eat then." I said looking at the clock, "We've got to be at school soon, three more days and its the weekend, I can't wait."

"Same here, I get to be away from horrible teenagers like you." Matt laughed as if softly elbowed me in the side. "Quick question, how are you getting your uniform?"