Chapter 19 - The Dog days are over.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Hello Wattpaders!! How are you all?! Sorry it's been so long, I've had exams, confirmations and life in general, so I haven't had time to write plus I did not have a clue how i was going to write this chapter or what was going to happen in this chapter, but here it is, so enjoy!! ~ Rebecca.

********************

"Chapter 19 - The Dog days are over."

Lauren's POV

As the words left Matt's mouth I didn't believe him, I couldn't, but the emotions on his face made it seem true. What he'd said was unbelievable, but I had to believe what he'd said his expression and voice. So I looked down, I couldn't not.

I looked at my arms and at my hands, then my nails. It was horrible, I feel back in my seat dumbstruck and frightened of myself. My nails had grown to about three inches like Matt had said, my hands had become larger and slightly more hair had grown on the back of them, and was increasing every second, my wrists had just started to get bigger and become hairy, but all up my arms were black veins under my skin pulsing and increasing in size. I looked down at my legs, the same thing was happening to them too, big black veins were forming under my skin.

I was scared, scared for me, for my life, what if I was dying with some awful disease? What are people going to do when they see me? Oh gosh, Matt is sitting right there and I'm in a restaurant full of strangers, and I look like some sort of monster. What if I do die? What should I do? Where should I hide? People will be scared. What if no one helps me? What if s-

My thoughts were interrupted when a reassuring hand came to rest on my shoulder, it was Matt.

"Come on, we'd better get you out of here before people notice. Put I jacket on." He whispered into my ear.

He handed me his jacket and I put it on quickly, desperate to hide my exposed flesh.

"I'm terribly sorry, but my girlfriend and I will have to be leaving, she is feeling unwell, so I must take her home at once. Sorry for any inconvenience, here take this for any trouble we may have caused." I heard Matt say in such an elegant and posh voice, pronouncing every letter correctly.

"Um, it's okay, don't worry." I heard the waitress say, "I hope she gets well soon, that you for your kind token."

I saw Matt nod his head in acknowledgement and then quickly rush back over to me. I was glad I had worn a skirt to my knees, at least only half of my legs could be seen.

"Come on, lets go, quickly." Matt hurried me towards the door.

We scurried across the restaurant to the door, Matt opened it quickly, we ran from the restaurant to Matt's car, I just kept my head down, whilst Matt had encircled me in his arms for protection or just to hide me from everyone's view.

Matt opened the passenger door for me and I got in quickly, he slammed the door shut and speedily ran round to his side of the car, as he did so I put my seat belt on.

Matt bundled into his side of the car, put his seat belt on, turned the engine on and started to drive.

I didn't know where we were headed at first, but then I realised we were on route to Matt's house.

"Are we going to your house?" I asked Matt puzzled.

"Yeah, you need to be somewhere safe, somewhere I trust and so do you, somewhere I know no one can randomly walk in to, basically my house, but more likely it's garden." Matt said rambling on.

"Okay." I replied, I was still worried, but Matt looked like nothing was wrong, like everything was fine. "What's wrong with me? Why aren't you scared?" I asked, it was more of a thought, but I was thinking aloud, again.