Chapter 6: Platoons in the Water

"What am I going to do with you?

I have suggestions, but this might not be the place for them."

― Lora Leigh

         So I realized something about working under Orochimaru, besides how to never go outside and smell like the oddest concoction of disinfectant and ass.

         It was fucking boring.

         Is there alcohol here? I was even considering chugging the disinfectant at this point. Am I even allowed to drink alcohol and my job at the same time? Does Orochimaru have alcohol?

       A part of me actually began to miss Konoha... It was a small part, and I mostly missed the open bars, but still, memories.

         I am so tired from the North Base. For starters, I was fairly certain that most were actually derranged, hardly any were hot, and more than half would rather stab than talk. I love a good fight as much as the next sociopath, but every girl's got her limit and I was reaching the peak of mine.

         I already knew why I was on this mission. Orochimaru obviously already knew who the spy was. Logically, this was a test to see if I was willing to turn him over. It was a test of loyalty and morals. I was unsure I had either.

         "Sana-sama, are you okay? Am I permitted to leave now?" Nameless woman said, and I looked at her and sighed.

         "What's your name again," I asked, and she quickly bowed as if it was her fault for me not writing it down.

         "Mai-Ling," she answered, I nodded, bored as I wrote her name down next to her picture before shooing her away with my hand. She hurried out the door and I leaned back on my bed, the blankets sprawled over the floor. I had made renovations to this room days ago, and now it was brighter with Genjutsu; thusly making it somewhat prettier. It still felt like shit though. There was only so much I could do to get the smell of ass out from the walls.

         This place was depressingly dull.

         I looked up at a knock and gave a low, "What?" Although it sounded like a snap.

         "Um, you asked me to visit you yesterday," a male voice echoed through my ears.

         "Come in," I ordered, he did so and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room. He seemed to ignore the chair. I rolled my eyes. "Sit." He obeyed silently as I opened up a few pages, still laying down on the bed. I turned to his page where there was only a picture. "What's your name, boy?"

         "Akito."

         "Age?"

         "14."