chapter thirty-nine

Demi's P.O.V's

It was Sunday morning and I woke up with a headache. Miley convinced me to have a good time, truly, and I did. I danced with just about everybody, ate tons of cake, and floated on top of the crowd. Ruined my dress because some people decide to throw cake, but it was worth it. Miley really helped me get my mind off of Nick, but not the cheese out of my hair. Honestly, where did they get the cheese from? I smiled and got out of bed to take another shower. I felt all sticky again.

After my shower a brown basket was sitting on my bed with a baby blue ribbon tied around. I looked inside an a tiny brown fur ball was curled up inside. I smiled and scooped the dog carefully into my hands. I caressed the dog against my cheek enjoying the warmth of his small body. Then I looked down inside the basket and saw a folded piece of paper. Unfolding the paper I read the three letters written on it.

My smile faded and my heart ached. That's all he had to say?

---

Later that day I was sitting on my patio with my new puppy while talking to Miley on the phone. I told her about what he gave me and the note he left. She started cussing and threatening him, instantly making me laugh.

"let's get Selena on board"I joked along with her.

"let's get selena on board to do what?" asked Joe.

I looked behind me and he was closing the glass sliding door and sitting in the chair next to. He had a bowl of grapes and he wore no shirt. I rolled my eyes at him and reached for a grape.

"none of your business"I said. He gave me the bowl of food and took the puppy of my chest, rubbing his nose against it.

"what's up, stuart?" he asked him.

"um, his name isn't stuart"I tell him raising my eyebrows.

He chuckled then he smiled a sly smile quickly. "oh"he said like he knew something I didn't.

"who's stuart little? the dog?"Miley asked still on the other end.

"I don't know, but I'll call you tonight" I said.

"you better and marry me on Facebook, show Nick your completely done with him"she said. I laughed and nod my head knowing she couldn't see me.

"yeah yeah, for sure wifey" I said then hung up the phone.

"lesbos" Joe muttered feeding 'Stuart little' a purple grape. I rolled my eyes getting up and grabbing my puppy.

"you're just jealous punk"I said hitting him in the back of his head and walking inside the house.

---

Monday*

I walked into school arms linked with Selena and Miley. People starred at us weirdly and I laughed at why. I wore pink spandex's leggings, a bright green zebra print off the shoulder tube top and a pair of Miley's cowgirl boots. Miley wore blue Jean overalls and red heels. Selena wore a blue dress sparkly dress and flip-flops. Our hair was teased, in a tight bun or in two pig-tails. We decided to just play around today and wear wacky clothes. The clothes actually looked sexy on us, or that's just what we thought. It was silly of us but who cared?

We walked fiercely down the hall making bodies quickly back into their lockers at the sight of us.

"looking good girls" Nina yelled out.

I glanced at Miley and Selena.

"we know" we all said at the same time.

All of us laughing I pulled my arm from them waving bye and walking to my locker. Tyler was laughing at me and I just chewed on my gum.

"you know I look good, stop playing" I said.

Oh how I love Miley and Selena.

---

Nick's P.O.V

Tuesday*

I was sitting in Liam's garage with Joe. They were working on our car. We all decided to skip today just for fun. Yesterday Demi was acting strange. She wore this goofy ass outfit and waved at me. When she did I checked to see if anyone was behind me, but it wasn't. I was about to wave back but she had left with Miley. I am still mad at her, but I regret things I did too.