YML chapter 7

hey there!!

Layla 

"When are we going to make Cassidy eat shit?"  

I laughed at Jaxx's serious face. "I'm serious." 

"I know hon," I laughed again as I got my books out of my locker. "Maybe on Friday so we can ruin her whole weekend." 

"Sounds like a plan to me. I want that nasty blonde to crawl under a rock and stay there. Layla hurry up," Jackson's annoyed yet worried voice concerned me. I looked up at him to see his green eyes gazing over my shoulder. I turned my head to see none other than my ex, Shane, walking this way. "I wonder what he wants." 

Jackson scoffed, "a second chance because he's changed and has realized how much you mean to him." he mocked. 

Suddenly there was a loud slam by the locker next to me. Startled, I nearly jumped five feet into the air.  

"Lay bay, I miss you," Shane's voice was as patronizing as ever. It seriously sounded like he was talking to a ditzy gullible girl. Let me tell ya, I was neither of those things. He has me messed up if he thinks he can sweet talk his way out of evertything he's done. I turned around to see that his hand was by the left sode of my head, blocking an escape route.  

"That's funny because I don't miss you at all." I looked him straight in the eyes with a smug smirk. 

"Not even a little bit?" he dipped his head down to be closer to mine. 

I shook my head. "Not in the least bit." 

"Layla baby, I know you miss me. Remember all the fun we had and the trouble we got ourselves into?" he persuaded. 

"Mmhmm, I also remember you breaking my heart, trust, and humiliating me on many occasions." 

"Leave her alone dude," Jaxx cut in. 

Shane pretended like he didn't hear him and moved his face closer to mine so that our lips were only a few inches apart. 

"I'm sorry babe," he whispered as he increased our close proximity. 

I didn't respond, i only looked into his dark brown eyes getting caught under his spell for the millionth time. His eyes got him out of a lot of trouble with me. He made them look so big and round that when I was mad at him, I ended up feeling guilty for even thinking about punishing him.  

"You don't miss me even a little?" This time when he spoke, his lips lightly grazed mine. I let out a shaky breath under his intense look. He smiled against my lips before slowly but firmly pressing them against my own. Before it got too far, I raised a hand about to push him away. That is until he caught me off gaurd. His tongue ran over my lip ring once...twice...three times. He knows exactly what to do to make me forgive him and want him more than ever. I let my hand rest on his shoulder as I gave in and kissed him the way I knew he wanted to be kissed. His hand that was by my head moved south to rest lowly on my hip.  

"I'm out of here," I heard Jaxx mumble and heard his retreating footsteps. Still kissing Shane, I grumbled in protest not wanting Jaxx to leave. But I do get why he left. Who wants to stand around waiting for their best friend to finish making out with their ex-boyfriend? Nope not me; I sure wouldn't. I pulled away to call Jackson back but my lips were captured immediately by Shane's and I could not help but give in to his alluring kisses.  

Does this make me a bad friend? Instead of running after my best friend, I'm running my fingers through my shady ex's hair? I broke away from Shane's lips but didn't break body contact. Our foreheads were touching and he was smiling down at me.