YML chapter 15

This isn't too long but it help for the next chapter. It's not a filler because it has important stuff in it. But either way, it should be good :)

Layla

When I saw the perpetrator the next day my blood ran cold in pure anger. Jaxx noticed me tense up and rubbed my back saying that I need to take deep breaths.

He didn't need to tell me that because I had been taking deep breaths ever since I woke up next to Noah this morning. Needless to say, we blew up at each other and he screamed at me to get out of his room.

"I don't want to talk to him. He can go get hit by a car for all I care."

"Layla, calm your ass and go tell him what we practiced."

With on final deep breath, I took an iffy step toward Shane.

"Remember: you're strong, beautiful, and you deserve way better than that dumb ass."

I sent Jaxx a mental thank you and walked over to where Shane was leaning against my locker.

I was prepared to be calm, collected, and composed, but his laid back posture and chill look set me off.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "Move now."

"Layla, let's talk about this."

"No, I'm gonna talk and you're gonna listen. We were never good for each other. Why I kept taking you back, there's not even a good reason. You standing me up last night is the last straw." I lifted a hand up to cut him off when I saw him open his mouth. "I was humiliated Shane. You hurt me so much and you don't even realize how bad it makes me feel. You never do. I'm ready to move on and I don't plan on looking back. Hope you had a good weekend." I closed my locker after getting out a binder and a text book. Beginning to walk away, I already felt empowered and free.

"Wait a second? Are you breaking up with me?" I snatched my wrist out of his grip.

"Was I not clear?" I cocked my head to the side and narrowed my eyes at him. "We are so done. I do not want anything to do with your loser ass. I hate you. Don't text, call, or try to talk to me in general."

I sort of expected Shane to make a huge scene but he was pretty much silent except for the "Thanks for the nice fucks. Can't say I haven't had better." Other than that, I think it went smoothly. I laughed at his amusing reply that would save his 'reputation'. He's such a loser.

"Layla," I turned around quickly and saw Darren so I looked downwards and saw Noah in his wheel chair. "Sorry for earlier this morning. Like always, I was out of line and it was terribly unnecessary. And um, I just wanted to tell you that I'm proud of you for breaking up with the douche."

"Thanks Noah. And I'm sorry about earlier." We had one of our usual arguments, nothing major. I was surprised that he apologized to me about it.

"So who do you plan on hitting the rebound with?" I stared at Darren and shook my head in disbelief.

"No one Darren. The next relationship I have will be because I genuinely like the guy, not because I wanted someone to keep me entertained."

"Nice, nice. See you later Lay," they left me all alone with the chaotic swarm of thoughts in my head.

At lunch, I was sitting with Jaxx at one of the picnic tables in the courtyard.

"We need to do something with this hair Sweetie," he picked up a section of my hair and dropped it back down.

"Like what?"

"I'm thinking a dark brown color with sexy highlights and we'll blend your layers more."

"Fine. When do you plan on putting your amazing idea to work?"

"Now. I just finished scheduling you an appointment at Meelo's."

"Jackson! We have class," I whined.

"Who cares? You need to be fixed."

"I'm not a dog!"

"You're right, a dog doesn't have split ends as bad as yours." my jaw dropped and I fingered the ends of my hair before going into panic mode. I grabbed Jackson's upper arm and hauled him towards the car park.

At the salon, I was met with a few surprises. Not only am I getting my damaged hair done but I'm getting a spray tan because 'No Hispanic is as pale as you Layla!' and I'm getting my eyebrows done along with my nails.

"What are you going to be doing while I'm here?"

He gave me a mean look, "bitch, I'm getting my hair done too , I need a haircut plus my cuticles look gross so I'm getting my nails done with you."

I sighed, "alright. Let's get started."

The whole experience was rather cliche. Jaxx and I talked as we got out nails done- he didn't get a color but I got a turquoiseish color. We flipped through magazines while we were under the hairdryer. And as I was getting my first spray tan and was dying laughing at the coldness, Jaxx was yelling at me from outside the booth to shut the hell up.

After we paid for everything and were in Jackson's car, I took a little nap. At home, Jackson made me change out of my 'play clothes'. Sometimes I really don't get Jaxx. Like he says, he's too hot to handle. I personally think he's too weird to understand. For instance, when he pulled out a pair of jeans and a green top from my closet and told me to get dressed, I just stared at him. Maybe I wasn't trusted to pick out my own outfit? I got dressed anyway and got yelled at for messing up my hair. After Jaxx fixed my ruined hair, extra emphasis on ruined, he rushed me downstairs to show me off to the usual suspects.

"Guys, look at Layla! She's pretty now!" I glared at Jackson and stumbled over my own feet when he tugged me closer to him.

"Damn girl!" I raised my eyebrows at Darren who's jaw was dropped.

"Omg! Layla you look super pretty!"

"Thanks Lindsey," I Smiled at her but then frowned. All the compliments are double sided; they said you look amazing so I assume they're saying I looked like shit before.

"Who wants to go celebrate Layla's new look with us?"

Instantly Lindsey pouted, "There's a 16 and Pregnant marathon on; I can't leave the house."

She's kidding right? Who the hell watches pregnant teenage girls on MTV in their spare time? I've seen one episode and haven't watched it since.

"Fine, how about you two?" Why does it sound like Jaxx is selling me off? I don't know, maybe it's just me...

"Sorry, hot stuff but I missed this one. In the preview the chick got into a bitch fit with her mom and I can't miss that."

"Oh, I understand completely," I rolled my eyes at Darren and took a seat next to Linds.

"I can go," my head snapped up at the sound of Noah's voice. "Where are we going?"

I couldn't answer because I was too baffled by Noah volunteering to spending time with me.

"To get some cupcakes!" A new cupcake shop opened up and Jackson couldn't stop talking about it at the salon.

"Score!" Noah used his good hand to move his wheel chair. Jaxx followed Noah, but I stayed where I was, sitting on the couch in shock.

"Layla, move your ass, let's go!"

~~~~ 

Good? Yeah? No? So-so? 

Vote and Comment please!