YML Chapter 2

Chapter 2!

I bit into the big red apple that I called breakfast. "I still don't get it," I complained to Jackson. "Why would he act that way for so long if he...he uh likes me."

Why the hell would Noah like me? We barely talk to each other and the words that we do share are filled with animosity and malice.

"If you still don't understand then you're thinking too hard. You think too much Layla," I turned in my seat to look at Jaxx who was eating a bowl of Captain Crunch.

"I came with a brain, so I just figured that I'd use it to the max."

"You should give it a day off," he told me through a mouth full of cereal.

"Don't talk with your mouth full! Look! Milks dripping from the corner of your mouth?" I pointed to where milk was gliding down to his chin.

"Really?" he asked still chomping on his cereal.

"Stop it!" I laughed. "It's really gross."

"Like your face," a deep hoarse voice said while walking into the kitchen.

"Well good morning to you too!" What is Noah's problem? Seriously he's such a butt all the time. Jackson had an evil glint in his eye that told me that he was up to no good. He was always up to something, either good or bad, he wasn't still for very long.

"Layla's fan club seems to really like her face." My fan club? I sent a warning glare to Jaxx and silently begged him to shut the hell up.

"And who's in this fan club?" Noah asked while pouring orange juice into a glass. I bit my bottom lip to keep the smile away when I saw his muscles slightly bulging from the hard work that pouring orange juice brings.

"Shane," Jaxx smiled and I let out a groan. "And a few other people that would like to remain anonymous."

Slapping Jaxx on the back of his head, I hopped down off of the kitchen stool and made my way upstairs to my room. In the distance, I could hear Jaxx and Noah madly chatting in the kitchen. Since I had nothing better to do with my time, I decided to take a little detour along the way and go snooping through Noah's room. I checked my surroundings, high and low, and came to the conclusion that the coast was all clear. They must be having some conversation down there.

I closed the door behind me and looked around. Noah was not the exception to the normal teenage guy's room. There were piles of dirty clothes all over the floor. The room itself reeked of old socks. I pinched my nose closed with my thumb and forefinger. I guess I'll be breathing through my mouth for the most part.

His closet was not clean at all. The floor resembled his bedroom's with dirty shit all over the place. My nose scrunched up as I side stepped a pile of dirty gym clothes to make my way to the back of the closet. Most of the labels and brand names were plastered all over his clothing: Abercrombie and Fitch, Aeropostale, Hollister, Ralph Lauren, Billabong.

He had that latest styles of Nikes and Jordans. Noah also some pretty cool sneakers. I held up a grey pair of sneakers by the shoe string and stared as it dangled around lifelessly in the air. Getting bored, I dropped the shoe, made sure that everything was kind of close to where it was before I came in, and left the room.

Noah's bedroom was painted a nice serene shade of blue with posters of half naked girls and some of his favorite artists on the walls. His furniture was black and sleek looking with chrome drawer handles. I tapped my chin while looking around the room. Oh where oh where could his laptop be oh where oh where could it be? Under the bed! I got down on all fours and found what I was looking for under the bed! I pulled it out and opened it. Great for me and sucky for him, the computer wasn't locked.