YML Chapter 3

LOL so obviously this story is doing too well but i really like the diea so i'm going to continue to upload and waste my time b/c i like it and i think that others will too if they take the time to read it :D so yeah!

Chapter 3 (laylas' POV)

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

It's been a solid hour since we've been at the hospital. I'm dying from anticipation and nearly jump out of a seat every time a doctor walks by. Noah and Jackson's parents are flying in right now so it's just the three of us. Jaxx has ordered the nurses to let him see Noah more than a couple of times. Every single time they threatened to get security on him.

Every now and then I'd go outside for some fresh air. I hated the way hospitals smelled. The stench of disinfectant spray and the aura of dying and sick people was not a good smell. Damn, some Febreze wouldn't hurt. Maybe even some Lysol since that kills germs and freshens the air.

Jaxx grunted from next to me. "What are you reading about?" I asked referring to the magazine in his hands.

"Martha Stweart suggests doing story introductions as conversation starters for dinner parties. It sounds kinda cool. " I furrowed my eyebrows. I doubt that that would be fun. "You ask someone what an introduction to their own little story would be."

"And that's supposed to start an animated conversation?" I was so not buying it. Martha Stewart is a genius but really? Really?

"Yes it is! Okay so I'll do you first," Jaxx took a deep breath in and out, and pulled his hand down in front of his face in a dramatic fashion. "Hi, my name's Layla Monique Hernandez. I'm part white and part Hispanic. I used to live with my parents and younger brother but they recently moved to Paris so I moved in with my best friend Jaxx." He flashed me a smile that I laughed softly at.

"Don't forget about your brother! If he wasn't in  critical condition right now I would call him an asshole but since he is, I'll just go with 'who is normally a butt head'."

"I live in Naples, Florida. I have an ex-boyfriend, Shane, who sucks monkey balls. And, I have a sister named Lindsey," I looked over at her sniffling figure. "I hate school because of the Thorns. Oh, yes, I would love to marry Noah Freeney when I get older." He winked teasingly at me and if we weren't in a hospital where people could save his life, I would have choked him.

"I don't like your brother! He's mean to me and he even called me a whore earlier today! A whore! Can you believe it? I would never marry him. In addition to that, nearly every time he sees me, he calls me a freak! Yeah, he's husband material."

"Layla bear don't fight the inevitable. It's bound to happen sometime soon," he continued teasing me.

"I don't plan on getting married anytime soon!"

"I was talking about you and Noah getting together! You guys would be cute together!" I felt my cheeks flame up.

"He hates me!"

"Maybe he doesn't..."

"He called me a whore!" I fired back.

"You'll get over it," Jaxx seemed pretty convinced that Noah and I would get together. Ha yeah right! "Okay, now do me!" When I looked at him shocked, he laughed and patted my shoulder. "Not like that honey, I was talking about the introduction thing."

I smiled to myself and mouthed 'O'. I sat up straighter in my seat and prepared myself for his intro, "Hey, it's me Jackson Freeney. My favorite color is aqua. My best friend and I have completely different taste in music and clothes. If I could, I would marry Tim Gunn. I heart Project Runway. Unlike my brother, I have short blonde hair and super pretty green eyes. I want to form a cult to go rape Adam Lambert with me. Also, I hate the Thorns. Done."