YML chapter 9

this isn't the best! I'm sorry!!! I've been out of it for a while

Layla 

My eyes kept rotating over to Jaxx, then Noah, and then Lindsey. What is Noah's problem here? He looks restrained and pissed off. Not a good look on him because he sort of looks constipated. Gross.  

My smile now was a mediocre one as I looked on at the suspicious group. Jaxx was upset with me, Lindsey is marked as an IDK at this minute, and Noah is well- How am I supposed to describe it other than he looks like he wanted to kill someone? That's the Thing, I don't know. So, fine, he looked like he was going to jump out of his wheel chair to strangle someone.  

"What's gotten into you?" I asked him skeptically.  

"You don't even want to f****** know right now you b****." He glared at me and I was taken back. I hadn't done anything wrong to him. I haven't said anything or have I even talked to him the past two days. Geez, I don't know what his problem is but cussing at me isn't floating my boat.  

"Noah, I really don't know what your problem with me is right now but you're being an a**-hole and I do not like it at all," There was a car honk outside. "My rides here. See you guys later." For the first time since forever, I was saved by Shane. Who knows what I would have done to Noah if I stayed in there with his bad attitude. He acts like a little maniac with all of his pent up anger.  

"Good morning," I climbed into Shane's car and got comfortable in the passenger seat. I shut the door and then buckled up my seatbelt.  

"Hey Laybay, what's up?" I turned my head to see his face close to mine. He leaned in and gave me a sweet kiss massaging his lips against mine.  

I broke away needing a breather, "my morning could have started better." 

"What happened Laylee? Need me to take care of it?" He chuckled while putting his car in gear and backing out.  

"Not that big, it was just Noah and his crap," Shane grabbed my hand and put it on the middle console and gave it a tight squeeze.  

"I can take care of it for you baby," he kept driving looking at me then the road again. 

"Don't. He's already in a wheelchair Shane. I have no clue as to why he's such a little terd to me! He hates me and I don't know why. It's aggravating when you know how someone feels about you and they don't have a valid explanation for it other than- 'you get on my nerves'. I do not get it!" I ran a hand over my face and through my hair. "This is turning into some mystery that I don't have the patience to solve." 

Pausing, I waited for Shane to say something-anything!- reassuring.  

"Shane?" 

"Hmm?" his eyes stayed focused on the road.  

"Were you even listening to me?" I pulled my hand away from his. "Yes Layla, I have a lot of things on my mind too," he placed his hand on my knee and I let him keep it there. "You were saying something about that goody-good Noah. He's such a pansy." 

"What do you mean?" 

"He's always blowing up about something stupid in the locker rooms." 

"He needs anger management or something. He looked like he was going to kill me earlier." 

"Say the word and I'll talk to him," he parked and got out waiting for me in front of his car. We walked to the commons area where there was a little coffee shop, a bookstore, places to sit, and freshly cut grass  

I sat on top of a picnic bench leaning my head against Shane's shoulder.  

"Hey watch it, this is a new shirt!" he explained while pushing my head away.