YML chapter 16

Vote and comment guys! And I hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Layla

The cupcake shop was too adorable. But that should have been expected with the shop name being Cuppie Love. The inside was very open and you could smell the cupcakes baking. There were so many cupcakes to choose from as well. When it was time for me to order I was stuck between Birthday Surprise and Carrot Extravaganza.

"We'll have both." I gave Noah a funny look and he shrugged. "We can share them so you can have both."

"Oh," I dragged the word out as I caught on to what Noah was saying. "Thanks Noah!"

"No problem. They're just cupcakes."

"To you they're just cupcakes," Jackson muttered. He could barely contain himself on the way here. Jaxx would make up beats on the steering wheel and bob his head to the sound and do some weird ass dance moves in his seat.

"Well I hope you're content Jackson."

"Why thank you Layla bear," he kissed my cheek and threw his arm around me. We paid for our cupcakes and got a table.

"Noah, do you like Layla's hair?"

He studied my hair and looked over my face before nodding and mumbling a 'yeah'.

"What about her shirt?" I elbowed Jaxx and he coughed on some of the cake that was in his mouth.

"Yeah, it brings out the green in her eyes."

"There's no green in my eyes Noah."

He looked at my eyes carefully and nodded, "Yes there is. You have to look at them carefully to see it because you might confuse the flecks as a dark brown but they're green for sure."

"Jackson, why have you never noticed that before?" I narrowed my eyes at him and he smirked.

"Maybe it was because you never wore green Laybay."

"You're not my favorite person."

"Of course I am, I'm your best friend," he kissed my cheek and stood up with an excuse of having to pee.

Noah and I awkwardly stared at each other for a moment before i cleared my throat. "You're quiet over there."

"Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Life."

"What part of life?"

"Umm," he scratched his head then checked the time on the cupcake shaped clock on the wall. "The part where I can't do shit because I'm stuck in this thing."

"There are so many people that are permanently disabled, I can't imagine that you're truly upset because you'll be in the chair for a few months. At least you can walk."

He sighed rubbing his face with his palms.

"My dad went into battle many times when he was deployed for the Air Force. Some of his friends are missing various limbs and some of them are dead. Be grateful for having something to look forward to Noah."

"You're a wise girl Layla."

"I wouldn't say that. I did go out with some loser face for a very long time."

"Ah! That's right, I almost forgot. I knew there was a reason for you being happy. You don't have him pulling you down like an anchor."

"Again with the analogies Noah."

"Analogies are helpful when it comes to learning. It puts something that would be hard to understand or so irrelevant into terms that you can relate to and grasp better."

"What are you going to be when you grow up?"

"An attractive couch potato."

"I'm sure that pays well," I grinned and he chuckled.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Oh, I just think that you'd be good at teaching."

He scoffed, "voluntarily being in a class full of assholes? I'm gonna pass."

"This coming from the main asshole."

He clenched his jaw and for a second I thought he'd flip out but he let out a breath and smiled. "If the kids were like you, I'd definitely have to quit my job."

I gasped, "not nice. I don't think you mean that."

"Oh but I do. You're a handful Layla. You drive me crazy already, so think about twenty of you; it'd be hell."

"Guess I'll have to find someone that can handle me."

"Handling you is not the problem." He teased with a sexy playfulness.

"Then what is?" I leaned in closer to him, challenging him with my eyes.

"Not getting involved with a student would be the problem," he whispered with his eyes flickering down to my lips.

Wide-eyed, I stared at Noah with my jaw dropped. "Do you mean that?"

He nodded slowly.

"So you like me?" I questioned with a small voice.

He shrugged acting nonchalant, "what's not to like?"

"Uh, my obnoxiousness, my attitude, my ex-boyfriend issues, my brunette hair, just me overall."

"What's wrong with your hair?" he grabbed a piece of hair and twisted it around his finger.

"It's not blonde!" I yelled agitated that he wouldn't like me because my hair's brown like poop and his past lady friends have hair that's golden... Like gold... Frozen, I looked around noticing the stares from the customers around us.

"And why is that a problem?"

"Because you like blondes Noah!"

"Do I?" he raised an eyebrow and I wanted to kiss him. He lips turned up into a playful smirk and I swear I never wanted to kiss someone so bad in my life.

"Yes you do!" I took my hair back from him and ran my fingers through it to blend it back in with the rest of my hair.

"Are you sure, because I feel very attracted to a certain brunette."

I sucked in a breath before glaring. "Is this some sort of joke to you? Let's pick on Layla after she dumps her douchebag boyfriend. Let's make her want me! It's a joke right? That's why Darren didn't come so you could play with me. And that's why Jaxx has been gone for a damn near hour right? I know I'm right!"

"Layla shut the hell up and come here!" he yanked on my arm causing me to fall into him. Our lips met and I promise fireworks went off in my head as his lips massaged mine. I cradled his cheek in my hand, kissing him softly. His good hand held onto my waist as he made me feel lighter than air.

Lacking air, I pulled away staring at him. We just kissed. Noah and I just kissed. I blinked and when my eyelids flashed back open, he was still there. I jolted back and trembled. "Y-y-you ki-kissed me!" I pointed an accusing finger at Noah, slowly backing away.

"And you kissed me back Layla," Noah replied back in a calm tone.

I shook my head and left the cupcake shop. That did not just happen.

~~~ 

Did you love it?!?