YML Chapter 5

vote comment fan like tweet

let me know whatcha think!

Chapter 5

Today, I decided to take some of Noah’s advice and switch up my style for the day. I put on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and looked around for a cute shirt that shows how ‘funny, caring, complex’ and ‘pretty’? I am. I wasn’t having much luck as I went through my closet seeing mostly dark colors and shirts that were too big. I sighed and went to Lindsey’s room and knocked. With her permission, I walked in her room and looked around aimlessly.

“Hey what do you need?” Lindsey was hopping into a pair of shorts.

“A shirt?”

“What kind of shirt,” she smirked.

“One that fits is preferred,” she laughed and rolled her eyes. “Is your retainer in?”

“YES MOM!” she yelled at me.

“Just checkin,” I grinned.

She searched through her closet and pulled out a cute top. “What about this one?”

“Hmm. Not really my style. I don’t like the color either.” The shirt was terribly ruffly an dwas bubblegum pink.

“Right, stupid me. I forgot that you hate the color pink.”

“How could you forget?!?”

She shrugged, “just passed through my mind. How about this?”

I scrutinized the shirt and came to the final conclusion that it was definitely cute and I would definitely wear it today. What better way is there to convince people that your happy when it’s clearly written on you shirt!? I pulled the shirt that I had on over my head and put the new one on. I really like the fit of the shirt, not too loose and not too tight and I like the length of the sleeves as well.

“Yeah, Lindsey, you might not get this back chica,” I told her before leaving her room and heading downstairs. “Whoa, how the hell did you get down here?” You could say that I was a little shocked to see Noah down here. He was sitting in his wheelchair wearing a pair of shorts and another sleeveless shirt.

“Took the elevator,”

“Oh, I see,” I nodded. The Freeney’s had an elevator installed some time ago when the boys were younger because they broke so many bones from various sports and from just being complete idiots. “How’s the Twinkie?” I nodded towards the stuffed sugary cake in his hand.

“Good,” he said with a mouthful of food just like his brother would. I shook my head in disapproval at his choice of breakfast food and his lack of manners. “Love the shirt,” he pointed to my shirt. “The smiley face makes it!”

“I think it does to. The shirt would be nothing without the smiley face.”

“I’m surprised to say the least that you listened to me.”

I shrugged, “you were right. I’m not going to lie. You were right about everything.”

“Nice to know that I’m always right,”

“Not always,” I smiled a small smile. “Huh, was that a fake smile?” I teased.

“No, it was real,” he smiled too.

We all left the house when everyone was ready and had eaten breakfast, so yeah, we’re like ten minutes late to school. Noah, and Jackson’s parents had us use their old van that they bought back when the boys kept breaking all their damn bones. Rolling up to school in a Grand Caravan, like a boss. I helped Jackson help get Noah out of the car.  Darren walked up to us and rolled Noah away. “I guess it’s just you and me amigo,” I smiled at Jackson.

“The two dipshits against the world!” he cheered.

“Speak for yourself,” I laughed. Hair was falling out of my ponytail so I pulled the hair tie out and shook out my hair and started to put it back into another ponytail. Jackson wanted me to keep my hair down so I did. Not wanting it to look like a bird’s nest, I ran my fingers through it a couple of times. “Something weird happened this morning.”

“What?”

“Noah smiled at me, and wasn’t mean! Do you think he’s planning some sort of attack against me?” I joked.

Being a booger butt, Jackson didn’t joke around with me, instead he picked a more serious route. “How was that experience for you?”

“Fantastic Dr. Phil,” I laughed. “It’s really different now. I guess it took Noah telling me that I was full of shit to finally get him to be civil towards me.” I told Jackson everything that happened in Noah’s room while we were making cookies yesterday. Jackson did admit to not noticing most of the things that Noah noticed. Some friend I got there