22

Layla

"You have to tell him."

"No I don't."

"When the hell are you going to tell them? This is the perfect time. Your parents are back in town. Everyone is in the same place."

"What if they kick me out?"

"They won't," I was determined they wouldn't but my job was to convince my best friend of that. He gave me a queasy look. "If they do kick you out we'll go to Europe with my family."

He took a deep breath. "Let's do it."

I offered Jackson my hand and he took it willingly. He squeezed harder and harder as we got closer to the movie room.

"Oh look. They're on the good part. We should just wait later," oh he wasn't going to get away.

I shut down the projection system and got everyone's upset attention.

"Jackson has an announcement to make." Everyone turned their attention to Jackson and looked at him expectantly.

He pleaded with his eyes for me to rescue him, but this was for his own good.

I stood by him and gave his hand a tight squeeze.

"Well um, I love you guys and... well I guess i should just come out with it," he muttered to himself. "I like guys. Bare chested, well groomed boys."

"Finally!" His mother threw her hands in the air as if praising God for Jaxx finally revealing his secret. "I'm so happy you finally trusted us enough to come clean."

"You're not mad?" He looked around apprehensively.

"We all knew." Lindsay laughed.

Noah sat silently on the couch, looking at his younger brother. Silently, he got up and pushed past us.

"Noah!" I yelled for him. "Where are you going?"

He shook his head and crutched himself to the steps.

Jackson looked defeated.

"At least I thought we all knew," Lindsay murmured. I shot her a glare and she raised her hands in defense.

"I'll go talk to him for you."

"No," he shook his head. Jackson let out a bog breath, "I'll go."

He followed Noah, and I shared a concerned look with his shocked parents.

~~~~~~

Noah

I sat on my bed feeling betrayed. Why did he wait so long to tell me? Why didn't Layla not tell me?

There was a knock at my door. Wanting to be alone, I grumbled out a 'go away'. The person opened the door anyway.

"I'm sorry I'm gay. I can't control it." Jackson's voice was filled with solemness. My head whipped up and my jaw dropped at what he ha said.

"Jackson! I don't care if you like dudes! I'm upset because you didn't tell me! I'm your brother Jackson!"

He sighed.

"You could tell Layla but not me? All this time I thought you kind of liked her. Damn it Jaxx. Why don't you trust me?"

He sat down next to me. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was scared. I was scared you'd hate me and that Mom and Dad would try to get the devil exorcised from me or something. I didn't want to lose you guys. You're my family." His voice cracked and he rubbed at his eyes.

"I never would have treated you any differently than I did before. I'm your brother Jackson. Your brother." I dropped my head in my hands.

"Am I that terrible of a person that my own brother can't confide in me?"

"No noah," he patted my shoulder. "It wasn't about you. It was about me. I was afraid. I love you bro, I would never want you to feel like I don't trust you. I trust you with my life. I was just afraid."

Feeling emotional, we shared a bro hug and held on to one another for dear life. "You're my little brother. I love you to death."

"Ditto," he grinned.

A throat cleared and we looked up to see Layla sanding at my door. Jaxx stood up and excused himself. Layla closed and locked the door behind her.

"It wasn't my place to tell."

I nodded. "I understand."

Her fearful eyes softened. "Okay um, do you want to go to the mall with Darren, Kai, and me?"

"Yeah," I got up and hobbled over to her. She looked up at me with wonder in her pretty eyes. Gently, I pressed my lips onto hers.

"Let's go."

We bid our goodbyes and headed out to our double date like thing. The ride there was quiet. It was comfortable though. I gave her hand a tight squeeze, and smiled as the corners of her lips tugged up.

At the mall, we walked to were we were supposed to meet D and his girl.

I let out a low whistle when I saw the action when we spotted them. Darren and Kai were going at it. Thankfully, my whistle caught their attention.

She pushed him away and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. He chuckled at her reaction and pecked her cheek. She blushed at the subtle touch.

"Um, can you two stop? I'm gonna throw up," Layla fake gagged. I laughed.

"Whatever. Let's not talk about the many times I've caught you two together."

Layla rolled her eyes and squeezed my butt to my surprise. "Sorry for not being able to keep my hands off my sexy boyfriend?" She smirked up at me and kissed my jaw.

"Keep at it and we'll be in the bathroom stall," I whispered into her ear. She giggled and bit her lip. My hands tightened on her waist and I rolled my hips forward, onto her ass. She stiffened and I could tell I had her. "Throw it back Lay," I bit her neck. Her ass moved against my pelvis.

"There you go." I condoned her.

"Eww! Stop dry humping!" Kai had her hands covering her eyes.

"Man, let's go."

I nodded and we followed our girls through the mall.