YML Chapter 18

Noah

I just told Layla that I love her. And she hasn't run away or freaked out. Yet.

Her silence was freaking me out. I didn't know what else to do other than blatantly stare at her face wondering when she'd say something.

"But... I thought you hated me?"

I sighed, "I could never hate you Layla. I always got so nervous around you and found myself saying things that I always regretted. I'm sorry for making you think that I hated you."

"How long have you... loved me?"

"Ever since I first met you. I never knew how to say it, and then you started dating that asshole so I thought that I should try to push my feelings away for you by making you hate me. As you can tell, that didn't really work well."

Shamefully, I looked down not being able to meet her gaze.

"How could someone like you love someone like me?" I heard her whisper the question to herslef, and felt the need to answer it even if it was rhetorical.

My head snapped up and my eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"You're so perfect and popular and I'm just not. We don't mesh."

"Don't say that. It doesn't mean anything. What matters are our feelings for each other. Well, if you have feelings for me at all that is."

"Well, Noah, I um, I think that I like you too. You're all I can think about as corny and cliché as it sounds."

"Will you give me a chance Layla? A chance to prove myself to you? That's all I want. All I've ever wanted really."

She stayed quiet and still, her only movement was to shyly run her hand through her long brown hair.

"What do you say? Please give me a chance to be your man. I'd do anything for you."

Slowly but surely, she nodded her head and whispered out a shaky 'yes'.

The low sound got me very excited though. I pulled her close to me and kissed the living daylights out of her.

"You won't regret this, I promise. I'll be everything that you want and need in a guy. I'm going to be the one."

She smiled and I saw a small tear tumbling down her cheek. Never in my life have I ever been so happy and it was all because of her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Layla

Geez. Who the hell knew that he felt this way about me? And who knew that I'd feel so elated about it?

What I was experiencing was such a happy feeling that it was crazy really. Everything that he said spoke to my heart. I couldn't feel happier or more loved than in this one moment in a bath tub with my best friend's brother.

"So what's next?" I asked while swiping a happy tear off my cheek.

"Sleep?"

"What about Darren?"

He shrugged. "This all feels surreal. I want it to last as long as possible because I feel like it's a dream and tomorrow I'll wake up and it'll be as if this never happened."

Aww, he was so sweet. "But how is sleep going to make it last longer?"

"Because I'll get to hold you all night long."

Yes, finally a sweet guy that cares for me.

"Okay then, let's sleep," I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

With my assistance, Noah got out of the tub. I helped him dry off and out clothes on. And yes, I put on some warm clothes as well.

When Noah was finally situated in bed, I crawled over next to him and grinned when I felt him wrap an arm around my waist.

"Hey," I whispered. "I'll be here when you wake up."

In the dark, I saw his sexy smile and felt him press his lips to the top of my head.

"Same here. Goodnight Layla baby."

~~

vote please!!