He Is Bad News

I am still in a pissy mood Wednesday morning. I can barely keep my focus in class as my teacher goes on about at risk students in schools. I am fully dressed in my work outfit so I can leave for the office right after class. Everyone watched me walk in in my extra high waist grey skinny dress pants, a a deep blue button up shirt tucked into them and a large gold necklace. I'm wearing Tisha's grey pumps again. My hair is pinned up in a really high bun with my bangs hanging over my forehead and I've tied a cute dark blue scarf around my head, the small knot accenting my bun. I hope everyone is staring because I look cute, not because I look ridiculous. Suddenly there's a knock at the closed classroom door, my teacher smiles and pauses, quickly walking over to the door. I look up from my scribbling in curiosity. Who would be knocking at a classroom door? Maybe the dean? The entire class watches as our petite and plump teacher opens the door. And there, standing dashing and hansom as ever is Jamie. I can feel my face turn candy apple red.

     "Hello there, can I help you with something?" my teacher smiles brightly at him, even her in her old age is flushed by Jamie. He isn't wearing his normal suit, just a nice pair of dark dress pants and a blazer, with a light blue button up. He looks so incredibly sexy as he speaks softly to my teacher. His scruff is back in full swing and his hair is a complete mess. I'm drooling and flushed. What is he doing here. "Oh, of course." the teacher giggles and steps away from the door. Jamie turns around to someone and I'm practically leaning over my desk to see. I can see the side of Riley's face. What the hell is going on? "Thank you so much Mrs. Simpson. I am so sorry for the interruption." Jamie says as he struts into the classroom holding a decent sized bouquet of pink roses. Every single girl in the class, which is 90% of the students is whispering and giggling loudly. They all watch him with jealous eyes as he comes to my table where I'm sitting alone and sits the flowers in front of me. The girls sitting up front turn completely around to look at us. 

     I sit up in my seat, totally red as he looks at me. I melt, the smile he reserves only for me is plastered to his face, igniting his eyes. He pulls something out of his blazer pocket, a small note card and hands it to me. "I'll see you at the office Miss Ryan." he winks and slowly moves away from the table, the girls snapping their necks to watch him leave. He walks up to Mrs. Simpson and takes her hand, kissing the back of it and thanking her again. And then he's gone. And everyone is staring at me. I'm staring at the note he's given me in disbelief. "Who. Was. That?" someone finally says and the entire room erupts in giggles. Mrs. Simpson hastily and lightly gets everyone's attention again and I sink low in my seat, trying to disappear as I open the note. I am sorry for yesterday, I only worry about you. Can you ever forgive me? I can't wait to have lunch with you. -Jamie. I can't help the goofy grin that's spreading across my face. I'm embarrassed but the good kind of embarrassed, happy and giddy. God he can be so sweet. 

     I am floating on cloud nine as I enter the office building. I leave my flowers with Sara who is all questions and wide eyed, asking me who they are from. I just smile at her and head upstairs in a giddy haze. I'm in such a good mood, a complete turn around from my pissy attitude this morning. Even Allen is picking up on my elated mood. We chit chat quickly, talking loudly and laughing before I have to head off to my desk. Oliver is on the phone when I walk in, laying his work calendar down in front of him. He holds his finger up to me and I stop, nodding and waiting for him to wrap up. "Well look who it is." Tyler's voice slithers into my ears and threatens my stomach to upchuck the coffee I had this morning. I slowly turn around to see him standing in a black suit in the doorway. He eyes me slowly and enters the room just as Oliver finishes his call. "My two favorite people!" Oliver claps, bringing my attention back to him. Though I don't turn my back to Tyler, I step to the side to keep him in my view. 

     "You my dear are the perfect assistant. I can't say that enough." Oliver smiles at me, referencing the calendar I've given him. I flush and Tyler takes a step closer to me. "Really, Oliver can't stop talking about you. You really are something special, huh?" he winks at me. Why does he always have to wink? It's so sleazy when he does it. Not at all warming like when Oliver winks at me. I nod to him, keeping my eyes on Oliver. "I don't really have anything extra for you today. Although I could use some help getting a gift for my daughter." Oliver sighs now, walking around his desk and leaning against it. He runs a hand through his thinning hair. "Oh, well what is she into?" I ask, ready to take on the task. "Oh, god. I don't know. She likes to read, and she's an English major." Oliver says, thinking. "Well that's good enough, I'm sure Jess and I can find something together." Tyler smiles at me, slithery just like a snake. I narrow my eyes at him. "Please, Miss Ryan." I say holding my hand up. I say it lightly so it can be interpreted as a joke but I keep my eyes hard so he knows it isn't. "And honestly I already have something in mind, I don't need any help. Thank you. Oliver is there anything else?" I turn back to Oliver as Tyler's face falls. He's oblivious of the atmosphere between Tyler and I. "Oh no, that's it. Thank you Jessica." he smiles and I quickly exit the office, exhaling when I can finally breath away from Tyler. I take my seat at my desk and boot up my computer. I know exactly what to get an English major who likes books. I just have to find it first. 

      I spend the first hour or so at work googling bookstores where I can find first editions of books and after frantically searching I find a place not too far from the office who has the first edition of Lolita. I quickly call and they put it on hold for me. I am just about to gather my things and head out to get it when Tyler steps out of Oliver's office. He looks a little mad. I don't acknowledge him. "Jessica." he snarls and I snap my eyes up at him. "I don't think we know each other well enough to use first names. Please call me Miss Ryan, Mr. Jordan." I say and his eyes widen. He makes two fists with his hands, sighing loudly. "You're a rather stubborn girl, aren't you?" he snarls. "I don't know what you mean Mr. Jordan. But I have to go now, is there something you need?" I ask, smiling sweetly contrary to the bile building up in my stomach and throat. This guy really is bad news and he gives me the creeps. "Coffee. Get me so damn coffee." he says and disappears down the hall. I sigh in relief at his absence and knock on Oliver's door. He tells me to use the platinum card for her gift and I'm off.

     When I return forty five minutes later the first edition of Lolita is perfectly wrapped in dark purple bow. It was expensive, really expensive but I was able to haggle the guy down a few hundred. He was more than happy to get rid of the book finally. I have Tyler's coffee in hand and the book in the other, quickly making my way back to my desk. It's already twelve-fifteen. I briskly move down the hall and when I return to my desk Tyler is sitting at it, his feet up. "Did you get my coffee?" he snarls, smirking loudly. "Of course. Uhm, is there a reason you're at my desk Mr. Jordan?" I ask, a little nervous. I look over at Oliver's office door but I can't tell if he's inside or not. Tyler slowly moves his feet down, sitting up right and taking his coffee. I notice he's opened the small pink notebook I have next to the phone for messages. I feel the blood drain from my face, remembering in a bored haze that I might have written Jamie's name a few times with hearts all over it. Dear god, let him not have seen that. That could be really bad. "No reason." his words fall out of his mouth like goop, like smooth disgusting goop. He slowly stands and walks about the desk, purposefully brushing my back as he does so. 

     "Mr. Jordan, shouldn't you be shadowing Oliver?" Jamie appears at just the right moment again. My knight in shining armor. I immediately let myself relax in his presence. He's glowering at Tyler who seems a little more timid around him today. "Of course." Tyler says through gritted teeth, Oliver is just no coming out of his office. "Well, what's happening out here?" Oliver smiles at the three of us. How can he be so thick? "I was just coming to collect Miss Ryan for lunch." Jamie explains, his face still hard. "Oh yes. I'll be off too, enjoy your meal. Jessica, do you have my daughter's gift?" Oliver nods to Jamie and then turns to me. "Of course. I hope she likes it, you'll have to let me know." I smile handing over the book. Oliver examines it, smiling a the bow. "I have a feeling this is perfect. Thank you so much, see you tomorrow. Mr. Dornan, Tyler." he shakes both of their hands and hurries off down the hall. Jamie is staring at Tyler. "What?" Tyler finally cracks, frowning. "I think you should be leaving." Jamie demands. Tyler stiffens, fixing his tie before pushing past Jamie. "See you tomorrow, Jessica." he emphasizes my name, winking before heading off down the hall. Jesus. "I told you. Bad news." Jamie turns his scowl to me now. I roll my eyes, I'm so happy to see him I'm not even mad. "Are you ready?" he asks after a moment. "Yes." I answer, grabbing my tote. "Come then." he takes my hand, holding it as we make our way down the hall. The spark between us is strong and I can't help myself. I want to kiss him, touch him, after the sweet act he pulled this morning. I stop, looking around and pull him into me. "Jessica." he gasps lowly and then our lips are on each other, frantic and quick. He quickly pushes me against the wall, his hands moving up my sides, to my neck. I moan softly and he pulls away. "I've been dying to kiss you since I saw you this morning. Sitting so nicely in class like a good little school girl." he growls at me, biting my lower lip softly. Dear god. "Come on. We'll be late." What, no. I pot and he squeezes my side and then takes a deep breath, fixing himself before we head out to the lobby.