Inside

Jamie pulls in front of a race track an hour later. I have so many more questions I want to ask him, and I'm in such a good mood from our...exercises that I'm chatty. But I force myself not to ask him anything. He's been quiet the entire ride here, though his eyes are sparkling. And once he's parked in front of the track he turns and smiles at me. "What are we doing here?" I ask, smiling back at him. Oh that real smile that meets his perfect ocean like eyes. "Come on!" He slaps my leg and hurries out of the car to my side. I giggle, he's so excited. He helps me out of the car and we are practically running towards the track. There aren't any cars going around it but there a few guys with headsets next to a white car with a few logo stickers on it. I have no idea what kind of car it is but it looks slick and fast. I look over to Jamie who is waving at one of the guys. He squeezes my hand, looking at me as if he's asking permission to go. What? He's asking my permission. I'm so dumbstruck I just nod and he's dropped my hand in seconds, jogging over to an older man with salt and pepper hair. God, he's like a giddy school girl. He's talking with animation, waving his hands around with the guy who is beaming back at him. He notices me standing on the sidelines and waves me over.

     "Gary this is Jessica, Jessica this is my Uncle Gary." Jamie introduces, patting the man's back. He is tall and almost pretty for a man. He has strikingly blue eyes like Jamie. He kisses the back of my hand, his eyes are so bright. "You are quite something." he winks at me and it's sweet, not at all creepy. In fact I'm blushing. I push my hair behind my ear, it's still a little damp. "So, are you ready for a ride of your life?" Gary asks me as we walk around to the car. There are three guys looking at the tires and other car stuff. They all nod to Jamie and Gary. "Ride?" I widen my eyes and both Gary and Jamie laugh. "You're going to drive this?" I point to the car and Jamie nods quickly, laughing. It's such a sight to see. Where the fuck is my camera when I need it. "Alright, she's been riding fine. Everything's in tip top shape." Gary briefs Jamie on a few things, a bunch of car and boy terms I do not understand and then one of the guys is walking towards us with two helmets. Holy shit, we really are going for a ride.

     "You like to go fast, right?" Jamie smiles at me, taking one of the helmets from the guy. "Uhm, I don't know how I feel about this Jamie." I giggle with nervousness. Jamie's smile widens even more and he steps closer to me. "Oh baby, don't worry. I've got you." he says, slowly slipping the black helmet over my head. And I believe him. The helmet is hot and tight around my face. Jamie lifts the dark black visor up so I can see. He's beaming down at me. "You look so fucking hot right now." he whispers with a wink. A wink? Who is this man? Nothing like the intense ball of tenseness I'm used to. I watch as he puts his white helmet on and flips the visor up. Oh, I get what he was saying. He looks perfectly scrumptious. He slips his sweater off and hands it to one of the guys before taking my hand and leading me to the passenger side of the car. God am I going to have to climb in through the window? My heart rate is increasing as Jamie pulls me closer to the car and before I know what's happening he scoops me up in his arms and slides me through the open window. I squeal a little, hearing the men chuckle behind us. Thank god I'm wearing jeans. I glare up at Jamie as he hangs through the window. His expression is so priceless, he's thrilled. "Better hold on tight." he says as he secures the net on my window. He yells something to Gary and then he's slipping in through the driver's side window and he's next to me. 

     I am so nervous and excited as Jamie starts the engine. Oh shit. He says something to Gary through the radio in his helmet and then slowly drives us to the starting line. "You ready baby?" he looks over at me briefly, his escalated mood is contagious. I nod giggling loudly and he smiles so bright at me I think I might faint. I can hear Jamie whispering the countdown. Three...Two...One. And then we are off, like a bat out of fucking hell. I am laughing loudly, holding onto whatever I can as Jamie smoothly and quickly makes the first corner. We're going so fast. The car is loud as it zips around the track. Jamie slows just a touch as he makes the rounded corners but then he's picking up pace along the straight stretch of road. Holy shit, it's so exhilarating. Suddenly Jamie is yelling. "Yeah!" he yells, laughing louder than I've ever heard him laugh before. I laugh with him, watching as he's carefree. Not a worry in the world. Oh what an honor it is to see him like this. To have a moment with him where he isn't carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. "Oh, baby! Are you having fun!?" He yells at me and I nod. We're still laughing as we zip around and around the track. In this moment all of my feelings for him are twisting and melting together. I think...I think I'm falling in love with this man.