His Parent's House And Then...

I am fidgeting in Jamie's car the next night. He doesn't notice as he is too focused on driving. He's been quiet and stern most of the evening, and now as we are edging closer to his parent's home he is even more stern and demanding. "Stop fidgeting." he demands and I stop my leg from shaking. Oh shit. We are back in the same part of town that his work is, that his house is. Oh his house. One day I hope to see it from the inside. Stop it. I scorn myself. Now is not the time to be thinking about Jamie that way. Oh but I can't help it. He's dressed in yet another pair of perfect fitting jeans and a simple light blue sweater that makes his eyes pop. I am dying to touch him and I am working up the courage to when he finally pulls in front of a large pale pink house. It's bigger than his house. "Jesus." I gasp in astonishment as he pulls in front of the tall white gates, punching in a code on a little silver panel. The gates open on either side and he slowly drives along the dirt road. The house is magnificent. Just enough old school and modern mixed together. There is so much land, and the house is dreamily illuminated on the outside. Jamie parks in front next to a little red Porsche and a large black hummer. Jamie rolls his eyes at the hummer. Hmmm...I wonder who owns that. He's suddenly at my door, helping me out. I fix the knee length black pencil skirt I am wearing and the simple v-neck dark green blouse tucked into it. Jamie is watching me with lit eyes, though his expression is stern. "Come." he says, tugging on my hand and pulling me towards the large dark wood door.

     He rings the doorbell and my stomach does a somersault. I'm nervous. Jamie squeezes my hand before releasing it, a petite dark haired woman opens the door. She smiles wide at Jamie, revealing her old age. "Oh Mr. Dornan, it's been too long." she pats his hand as we enter, smiling at me. "Oh there he is. My boy!" a very tall and broad man is in the foyer. The house is unbelievable. Bright and elegant with perfect sculptures and photos reflecting off the tan marble floor. Jamie walks towards the man, the two of them hugging. "Dad, this is Jessica. Jessica this is my father, Arthur." he introduces us and I offer my hand for a shake but he grasps it in his, and lightly kisses the back of my hand. I blush and he smiles at me. "You are just a vision." he says to me and I blush again. "Oh my god! Bridget he's here!" there is a tall thin woman in the arched doorway. Her hair is long and light brown, flowing behind her as she strides towards Jamie. Her red heels click against the floor until she meets Jamie. She wraps her arms around him, and he does the same. "JAMIE!" a loud squeal echos into the room and in a flash a smaller woman is hugging him. I notice his face is stern as he hugs the women before him. The smaller one is only a few inches shorter than I and she has rather short light pink hair. Her dress is a deep purple and she twirls around to face me. "Oh my god! Look at you!" she squeals running over to me and embracing me in a hug. 

     I hug her back and she squeezes me a little before releasing me. "Wow, look at your eyes." she gapes at me and I am blushing again. "Is the other as pretty as her!?" she calls over her shoulder to the other woman who scowls at her. "Jess, this is Jodie and Bridget." Jamie finally introduces them, Bridget turning to beam at me again. She hooks her arm into mine and starts leading us through the arched doorway. "No offense or anything dear but Jodie told me that the other girl, oh your sister, was sort of...vain. I wasn't able to attend lunch today." she twirls her free wrist as she searches for the right word. I laugh a little. "She isn't wrong...but overall Tisha is good." I defend my sister. "Oh of course...but...." she looks at me then smiles. "I just love your hair!" suddenly her fingers are twisting about in my hair and I laugh a little. "Oh Bridget, down girl." Jodie is behind us and she smacks Bridget's hands away. "Oh please, you did nothing but complain about that other girl!" Bridget runs after her sister. I can feel Jamie next to me now. He looks at me, searching my eyes. I offer a smile and I see his shoulders loosen up a little. "Well, twice in one week, I feel so special." an older woman, about my height with light brown hair tied into a perfect bun is walking towards us. She is elegant and sophisticated and she beams at Jamie. He smiles at her, embracing her when they reach. I fall back a little and watch them.