Food and Then The Sleepover

Jamie and I ended talking for two hours about nothing and everything. The conversation just seemed to keep flowing. And when we weren't talking we sat in a comfortable silence. "I know you have to be hungry, come on then. I'll whip us up something to eat." he stood up now, grabbing our mugs from the table and heading inside. I followed him in, taking a seat at the breakfast bar. I watched him move around the kitchen effortlessly. "I'm thinking spaghetti." he said, his back to me as he grabbed a large pot from a lower cabinet. He placed it on the stove and moved over to the fridge now. His hands moved along the fridge door as he opened it. I wanted to be that fridge, his hand moving up and down the handle as he peered inside. I bit my lower lip, my mind drifting away with Jamie. "I made this sauce the other night, I just have to heat it up and add a few more spices to liven it up." his voice was low and sexy, like he was reading a dirty book to me. I bit my lip a little harder, too hard. "Ouch." I snapped back to reality, clapping my hand over my mouth. "What is going on back there?" Jamie turned around, glaring at me. "Nothing. It's all good. So, spaghetti." I moved my hand from my lip, quickly hopping off my stool and walking around to Jamie. I grabbed a small pot for spaghetti, ignoring his glare as he watched me place it on the stove next to the other. 

     He turned his attention back to his sauce, pouring it into the large pan as I filled the other with water, grabbing a box of spaghetti. "So your mom was a good cook?" I asked next to him as I broke noodles and dropped them into the water. "The best. I was home schooled until she passed, so at lunch time we would have Culinary class. She taught me all I know." I could hear how proud he was of his mother as he spoke. And home schooled until he was seventeen? That explains a lot. "Your mom was a teacher?" I asked, dropping the last of the noddles into the pan and turning on the heat. "She was a nurse actually. She taught me during the day and worked at the hospital at night." He grabbed two wooden spoons from the small holder next to the sink, handing me one and stirring his sauce with the other. "Your mother sounds like an amazing woman." I smiled at him, stirring my noodles. "She was. She really was." he turned to smile at me. "Keep stirring, they'll stick." he pointed to the noodles, the light mood disappearing. 

     We stirred in silence for awhile, our arms brushing every now and then, our eyes meeting when they did. "Here. Try this." he scooped a small amount of sauce onto his spoon, holding his hand underneath it as he blew on it and lifted it to my mouth. I opened, letting the warm sauce slide onto my tongue. It was spicy and sweet and thick. "Mmm." I closed my eyes as I swallowed, using my fingers to wipe the sauce from the corner of my mouth. I opened my eyes to Jamie staring at me, the fire burning deep within his baby blues. He gabbed the hand I'd used for my mouth with both of his, lifting my finger to his mouth. He placed my index finger on his lips, slowly sucking the sauce off. My heart stopped in my chest, the butterflies ramming against my stomach. He smirked at me, dropping my hand and turning back to his sauce. How could he do that? Just suck on my finger and move on like nothing happened. "Stir." he demanded, pointing to the noodles. I forced myself to focus on the noddles and not on the tingling sensation between my legs. I wanted to suck sauce off his fingers too. 

     The sauce and noodles finished at the same time, both of us flicking off the heat. I poured the noodles into a colander in the sink as Jamie sat two plates at the breakfast bar. "Do you want juice?" he asked as he opened the fridge. I nodded to him, still reeling about him sucking on my fingers. It was like he was a different person from last night, from normal. Me too. We were playing house. I poured the noodles into a large bowl, sitting it between our plates. I poured the sauce into a gravy bowl next, Jamie pouring juice into two wine glasses. I smirked at him over my shoulder, his eyes finding mine. "We have to stay classy Jessica." he smiled at me, so light and full of...something different from normal. "Of course Jamie." I said back, giggling as I brought the gravy boat of sauce over. We sat down, looking over at each other and laughing a little. "Dig in." he said, taking a forkful of noodles and plopping them onto my plate. He grabbed another large forkful and piled it on top. "That's good!" I laughed pulling my plate away as he tried to pile on more. "Fine." he laughed putting it on his own plate instead, with two more forkfuls. I poured the gravy boat over my noodles, smothering them before doing the same to Jamie's. "Thank you." he said as I sat the boat down. "You're welcome." I smiled back, twisting some noodles around on my fork. I stuffed it into my mouth, giggling as I chewed and swallowed. 

     "Good?" Jamie asked, a small amount of sauce on his bottom lip. "So good. But you have something there." I moved my thumb to his lip wiping it off and pulling away, but Jamie caught my wrist. He slowly pulled my thumb back to his mouth, slipping it past his lips and into his mouth. I closed my eyes as he sucked, then moved it from his mouth, still holding onto my wrist. I could hear his breathing now with my eyes closed. He tugged on my wrist, forcing my eyes to open as he pulled me out of my stool so I stood between his legs. He stared into my eyes, our fast breathing finding a steady rhythm. I stared back at him, holding my breath now in hopes that if I didn't breath I could stay like this with him forever. I slowly moved my hand to his face, his hand still wrapped around my wrist as I touched his cheek, his eyes closing as I rubbed my thumb along his chin. He let go of my wrist, moving his hand over mine and keeping it there. I listened to him panting beneath my touch, closing my own eyes now. I think we would have stayed like that for hours if his phone didn't go off, making me jump. I flung my eyes open, guiltily pulling my hand away from him and stepping back. "Jess." his voice was low. "No, don't. It's fine. Take your call." I gave him a fake smile, sitting down and focusing on my plate. He didn't say anything as he stood up, leaving the kitchen to take the call. Leaving me just as confused as ever.