Anger and Knowledge

I am back in my euphoric bliss after Jamie drops me off back at his house. He called Riley and told him he would be taking me back. I wander aimlessly around his house, looking in every room and every little nook. The house is immaculately clean, everything has a place and is perfectly settled in that place. I can feel myself growing bored though as I make my way back to his study. I think I'll e-mail Josie, see how she is. Let her in on some of the things that have been going on here, I have to. I'm going insane keeping this all to myself. I settle at the desk in the large leather chair and load up the laptop as my phone buzzes. It's Jamie, it's only been an hour since he dropped me off but I'm already delighted to hear from him again.

Jamie: I cannot wait for this work day to be over knowing you're at home, waiting for me. :) Only two more hours.

    I am smiling like a goof when my phone starts buzzing repeatedly, Tisha's photo popping up on my screen. The blood drains from my face and I have to take two large deep breaths before I can answer. "Hey sis." I say in a fake happy tone. I'm even disgusted with myself. "Hey baby sister." she sounds tired, or annoyed. It's hard to tell. I sit up straight in my seat, clicking on my e-mail account, hoping the distraction will keep me cool. "I am so ready to come home." she says in the silence. "Oh I bet, how's it going out there?" "Slow but it's coming along. I think I'll be home by Wednesday actually and I'm taking off the rest of the week. I need a break." she says and my scalp prickles with irritation. I'm seriously so awful. "That will be good, you deserve a break." I lie. "So. I haven't really talked to Jamie. How is he?" "Uhm. Good I guess. You know how he is." I'm. The. Fucking. Worst. "I think my lunch date with his family went well. Though he was even more quiet than normal, if that's possible." "Leave it to Jamie to be aloof." "That's for sure. I'm thinking we should do our girl's day Thursday. I have so much I want to talk to you about." "About Jamie?" I hold my breath. "Well duh!" she is light now, less run down sounding. "Okay, well I'll see you Wednesday. I'll keep you posted if anything changes. I love you." she says and I spit I love you back and we're done. I sigh loudly, pressing my head against the desk. I can hear my e-mail ping with new mail and slowly lift my head. Oh thank god, it's Josie.

To: Jess

From: Josie

Time: 3:45 pm

I. Am. Dying. I miss you!

To: Josie

From: Jess

Time: 3:45 pm

Me too! I have to tell you something!

To: Jess

From: Josie

Time: 3:46 pm

WHAT!?

To: Josie

From: Jess

Time: 3:46 pm

Don't get so excited. It isn't good.

To: Jess

From: Josie

Time: 3:47 pm

Open a chat. This sounds serious. 

     I sigh at her message and pop open our instant messenger. 

Jessi93: I'm here

JosieGrossie: Me too! Spill!

Jessi93: You really should change your name on here.

JosieGrossie: It's my tribute to Never Been Kissed! How dare you! Stop stalling and SPILL!

Jessi93: Fine...here goes...