Working With Jamie

Tisha is a chatty Cathy Tuesday morning. She's briskly moving around the kitchen, telling me about a Thanksgiving event in New York right before Thanksgiving. And then about what she wants to be for Halloween. "I think I'm leaving Friday for that event, so I'll miss Halloween at Jamie's parent's house but I'm actually going to New York, where my old friends are! Maybe I'll get to go out that night!" she beams, pouring herself a thermos of coffee. I am sleepily watching her, trying to focus on what she's saying but my brain is still curled up in bed. I barely got any sleep last night. I couldn't stop thinking about Jamie and our evening together. It was so simple but it meant to the world to me. And I you. He said. He loves me, he really does. "You actually dress like a real grown up now that you work at Jamie's office." Tisha snaps me back to reality and I look down at my outfit. I'm wearing a simple grey pencil skirt dress that hits just about my knees and has a swooping neck line. I've paired it with a cream colored blazer and Tisha's grey pumps. My hair is straight, or trying to be and my bangs are sort of messy but cute along my forehead. "Thanks." I force a smile at her but she's already talking again, about Jamie and lunch or something. I'm not interested, or I'm tuning her out because I can't hear about the two of them right now. 

     When I arrive at the office Allen is there to greet me. Sporting a bright yellow suit today. "Sophisticated lady!" he snaps at me as I zip by. I'm almost running late, traffic was awful. "You look spectacular!" I yell at him, winking as I zip down the hall to my desk. I sigh in relief as I make it just as the clock strikes nine. I drop my bag off and check in with Oliver to see if he has anything new for me to do. He does, more e-mails to type and more notes for his meeting later. He's in a jolly mood and it's contagious. I sit, smiling wide as I boot up my computer. My phone goes off just as the Mac starts up. 

Jamie: Cutting it close Miss Ryan.

     What? How does he know I was running late. I look up at the meeting room in front of me only to see Jamie sitting with his feet up on the desk. I smirk at him as he looks over at me. 

Me: Leisurely lounging around the building now Mr. Dornan. I must say that's rather unprofessional. Though you do look quite fetching today, sir.

     I smirk up at him, his eyes widening a little as he reads my text. He mouths the word fetching very slowly and my body tingles, my lower half clenching. Jeez. 

Jamie: I'm on a call right now actually Miss Ryan. And thank you, you look quite fetching yourself. Too fetching really. It's making me hot and bothered in all the right places ;)

     I blush at his text. Really?, at work. I quickly type a response about needing to work and pop open a word document, starting in on Oliver's e-mails. The day is flying by. Oliver is stepping out at one for a quick meeting, waving and bubbly as he leaves. My stomach growls, demanding food and I press pause on my frantic typing to head out to the deli just across the street. I wave at Allen and quickly duck into an elevator with a few other workers who must have the same idea. I am a robot, moving with the crowd when the doors ping open at the lobby floor. I file out behind them, walking around to the front doors only to see Jamie talking with his step-mother and sisters near the front desk. He looks annoyed and frustrated as the girls talk quickly at him. 

     "Oh my, look at you!" Summer suddenly spots me as I'm trying to sneak past them. I sigh, standing straight and smiling brightly at her. "Jessi!" Bridget sees me now, lighting up. She is a pixie doll. Her hair is even pinker than before and her eyes are so bright it's almost overwhelming. "Hi." I smile, absorbing her good mood and walking up beside Jamie. He scowls down at me, crossing his arms. "We were just coming to see if Jamie could grab lunch. But of course he can't...what about you dear?" Summer beams at me. She's so fancy and proper in a simple black dress and her hair pulled into a neat bun. "Oh..." I glance at Jamie who closes his eyes slowly, sighing. "I told you I've got a meeting. But I'll be free tomorrow." he caves, rubbing his index finger along his nose. "Good. You'll be free tomorrow too Jess? We would love for you to join us." Summer nods to Jamie then turns back to me. "Oh...what time?" I smile softly but Jamie's hard face doesn't crack. "She'll be free." he says for me, leaning in to kiss Summer on the cheek. Jodie is silently watching next to Bridget, a faint smile on her lips. "Great. We will see you tomorrow at one then!" Summer waves, already heading for the door. "You look so chic!" Bridget yells, wrapping me in a quick hug before she hurries after Summer. "You do, nice to see you again. I look forward to tomorrow." Jodie smiles at me, hugging her brother quickly before catching up with the other too. God, these women are what I imagine the Kardashian's to be like.