Laser Tag

Sorry it's super long this time.

Mel

Soon enough time seemed to blend together hours turned into days then days turned into weeks and before it knew it had been two months since my ‘dates’ with Annie and Tom. It was coming up around the time of my twentieth birthday. To be completely honest I would be lying if I told you that I was not petrified of what Annie had planed for me.

I felt heavy breathing down my neck that woke me up.

“Tom,” I mumbled through my pillow. “I’m not interested this morning. I’m much to tired.”

There was no response so I opened my eyes to see that Annie was staring straight back into my face.

“Surprise,” she yelled as I fell out of the bed. “Happy fudgecaking 20th birthday.”

“Typical,” I mumbled under my breath.

“What was that?” she asked looking down at me from the bed.

“Nothing,” I said as I got up.

“Guess what where doing for your 20th,” she said beaming from ear to ear.

“Let me guess. A strip club.”

She shook her head.

“An amusement park.”

She shook her head again.

“I don’t know I give up.”

Tom then came in and pointed an imaginary ‘gun’ to my chest and shot it.

“Laser Tag,” they both said simultaneously.

I looked at them with a blank expression. “Hell no.”

“Hell yes,” Annie said.

“No.”

Annie and Tom both looked at each other and then each took my arm and started to drag me out of the room.

“NO I’m not going,” I screamed holding on to the bed frame. “Isn’t the word no in either of your vocabularies?”

“Oh yes you are,” Tom said.

“My ideal day of a 20th birthday is a nice dinner and then-”

“Birthday sex,” Annie said interrupting me. Tom and her let out a fit of laughter.

“Shut up. I’m not going,” I said as they continued to pry me off the bed frame.

“Don’t be a party pooper Mel,” Annie whined.

“You can be the person with the blue colored gun if you want,” Tom said.

“I’m still not going.”

Just then I heard laughing from a distance.

“Oi. What’s up with you?” I heard Tom ask the person who was laughing.

I turned around to see that Max was standing in the door frame with a smirk on his face. It looked like he was going to say something smart.

“Oh go ahead Max. Make your inappropriate comment,” I groaned.

“It looks like you got your birthday present already,” Max said with a straight face.

“I’m going to kill you,” I said let go of the bed frame and started walked over to him.

His eyes started to get wide. “Well I’ll see you downstairs then,” he said running out of the room.

“I swear to god,” I said shaking my head.