David Cameron

Tom  

I watched Mel as she put the last touches on her makeup in the bathroom mirror. She looked absolutely stunning. 

"What are you looking at?" Mel asked me noticing that I was looking at her. 

"Oh nothing. Just the most beautiful thing in the whole wide world. Who also happens to be my girlfriend." 

Mel turned around and looked at me. "Really I'm your girlfriend now?" She asked curiously.

"Oh shut it and hurry up," I said walking out of my room. 

 I walked down stairs into the living room to find everyone on the couch watching Avatar. Well at least that's what it looked like. Jay was super into it as to be expected while everyone was doing their own thing on their phones. 

Mel came down the stairs clicking her heels as she went. 

"Let me see," Annie said jumping off the couch and almost knocking Jay’s phone out of his hands.

“Hey,” he mumbled. “You almost made me drop my phone.”

“Well if it breaks you could tell people that the reason you need a new phone is because you broke it instead of losing it,” Nathan mumbled.

Everyone laughed and Jay flipped Nathan the finger went back to watching the movie. 

“As I was saying,” Annie said looking at Jay, “why don’t you show us how you look.”

Mel did a complete 360 degree turn. I heard wolf whistles from everyone. She laughed nervously and her face turned bright red. 

"Hey," I said bringing her close to my chest. "She's for my eyes only." 

Everyone put their hands up and nodded. 

“Those are my shoes by the way,” Annie said proudly. Mel rolled her eyes.

"Annie," I heard Mel whisper. "Don't wait up for me. I'm finally going to enjoy myself," said Mel smiling. They hugged and we started to walk out the front door.

Annie grabbed my arm and fixed my hair. She gave me a big two thumbs up.   

It was a cold night. As we waited for the taxi outside Mel began to shiver. I took off my jacket and put it around her shoulders.  

She smiled. "Oh great now I'm going to smell like you gross." 

Before I could respond to that lovely comment the taxi pulled up and I held the door open for her. 

About five minutes into the ride Mel asked, "Where are you taking us?" 

"You'll see." 

"Tom," she whined. “Tell me-”

So to shut her up I kissed her.

“Hmf,” she said crossed her arms over her chest and sank down into the seat. 

The taxi stopped short in front of the restaurant causing Mel to hit her head.  

"Its not funny," she mumbled as she got out if the car. 

We were put by the window. Mel was looking at the menu. “Time to put my plan into action,” I thought to myself

"Oh look its David Cameron," I said rather loud and pointed out the window. “He must be going out to dinner.”  

Mel whipped her head around to see if she could see him.

"Where I don't see him,"  she said straining her neck.

As she was looking out the window I quickly tried to slip my little surprise in the menu. As I was just about there she turned back around. 

"Well I don't..," she said, looked down saw the papers and continued speaking, "Erm Tom what are those in your hand." 

"Its um...they er...nothing," I said jamming them down my shirt. 

Mel looked at me and raised one eyebrow. “Come on let me see,” she said holding her hand out.

“They are reseats for the shirt I’m wearing. Why would you want to see those,” I nervously laughed.

“Why would you want to give me them,” she answered rhetorically.

She wasn’t buying it. She kept her hand in place and continued to stare at me.

“Tom don’t make me reach over the table and into your shirt. Let me see.”

“But Mel.”

“Let me see.”

“But Mel.”

Mel gave me the ‘you better do what I say’ look. There was no use in denying what these things were anymore.

“Fine,” I said as I handed them over to her. “And I wanted to be romantic about it,” I mumbled after she snatched them from my hand.

“You wanted to be what?” Mel said laughing. “Romantic.” She laughed again. “Oh Tom. You romantic. That’s a laugh.”

“I am too.”

“Ok Hun whatever you say.”

“That’s right whatever I say,” I said.

She then kicked me in my shin under the table.

“What was that for?” I asked rubbing my shin.

“Eh. I kind of felt like it,” she said shrugging.

As I watched Mel reading my little surprise her cheery face turned into a frown. “Oh Tom,” she said rather disappointed. “Me and you all alone in Bermuda together. Sounds like a rather stupid idea. Doesn’t it?”

“Well I..” I started to say as I felt my own face turn into a frown.

“Tom,” Mel said.

“Yes.”

“I was only kidding,” Mel said as her frown turned back into a smile.

“Stop psyching me out like that Mel,” I said.

She started laughing and put her head on the table and laughed even more.  

“God Damn it Mel. It’s not funny.”

“I can’t believe you fell for it. Why on earth wouldn’t I want to go on a trip with you?”

“I don’t know.”

“Boy Tom you are a special boy,” Mel said squeezing my hand. “So when do we leave?”

“Tonight.”

“Tonight?” Mel responded copy my answer into a question.

“Yeah haven’t you heard the phrase ‘I’ve got two tickets to paradise. Pack your bags we leave tonight?”

“Just stop trying to be romantic with me and I’ll go.”

“Yes!” I said rather loud and jumped out of my seat.

“Tom. Sit down everyone is looking at us stop it,” Mel said.

I did as I was told redder than the place setting that was in front of me.