I'm in LOVE with my 'brother!?' A Tom Parker Fanfic

Melanie

I was running. Running through the rain and the thunder to my destination. I knew where I was going. As I approached the door I franticly banged my fists on it. He opened the door.

“Hi Mel. What’s-” was all he could say before I ran into him almost knocking him over and smashing my head in his chest.

“It’s Michael. We had another fight,” I told him through my tears.

“Did he hit you?”

Silence.

“Melanie…I asked you a question.”

“No,” I said shaking.

“Pick your head up.”

I shook my head.

He had managed to pull my head out from out of his chest. What he saw frightened him. Michael had managed to not only give me one black eye but two and also was able to administer two cuts to my head from a broken beer bottle. These cuts were bleeding profusely. His face turned white.

“There you happy now,” I said.

“Mel I…Did u want to say here with me tonight. The boys are off doing…things and won’t be back until morning.”

I nodded.

“You know where your things are. Right?”

 I nodded.  I started walking towards the stairs and feeling weak I fell.

He rushed over to me and asked I if needed any help. I just shook my head.  I went up stairs to his closet and went straight to wear I kept some of my clothes. I dried off considering I was sopping wet. I then pulled on one of my favorite shirts and a pair of boxer shorts. When I came back down stairs he had made up the pull out sofa for me.

“Just as usual,” I said to him my voice cracking.

He nodded and smiled. He went into the other room and got a first-aid-kit.

“Come over here,” he told me. “I need to get those things on your head cleaned.”

I went over and sat next to him in a chair. The alcohol stung on my head like a bad sun burn. I winced with pain.

“Come-on…What’s this little thing going to do to you,” he said pointing at the paper towel with the alcohol.

“Yeah I guess,” I said. “Considering how much you consume daily,” I said smiling up at him.

I managed to get under the covers and he tucked me in. Just as he was about to leave I started crying and shaking.

“Tom,” I said yet again though tears. “Please don’t leave me.”

“I would never leave you Mel,” he said as he kissed the top of my forehead. “Don’t cry anymore I’m I’ll protect you. Don’t worry,” he said kissing my forehead and stroking my hair. His touch felt warm and I soon fell asleep.

Tom

This was about the fourth time this month this…person has hurt Melanie. I know the drill pretty much step by step now. She comes over in the middle of the night, cries, and tells me Michael has beaten her. This has been going on for far too long. This time however it was the worst I have ever seen. I realized she was asleep. Her crying and shaking had stopped and now she was breathing peacefully. I slowly unhooked my arms from around her and got up to look at her. Michael had really had done a number on her this time. I was seriously surprised those cuts did not need stitches. He also had damaged those pretty blue-green eyes of hers with his fits. I also looked at the arm she had sticking out from under the covers. This arm was covered in bruises. I couldn’t even tell the pigment of her skin anymore. It just looked blue from all the beatings he had given her.

I have known Melanie for all her life literally. I was friends with her brother and also their neighbor. When her brother and I both were five we had gone up to the hospital to see her as a three hour old baby. That is the first memory I have of her. Her mother let me hold her and to be honest I almost dropped her. Her brother thought it was so funny. I did too at that time.

When Melanie was ten and her brother and I were both fifteen her family all died in a car crash. She was the only survivor. Melanie broke both her legs and five ribs in the crash. The doctors said she was lucky to be alive. Now she doesn’t even remember what happened.

To save her from a foster home my family decided to adopt her ourselves and ever since then she has lived with me. Even when I moved in with the boys she had decided to come with me. Now I think she is better friends with the boys than she is me.

Then a couple of years after the formation of ‘The Wanted’ she had decided that she wanted to pack up and go to college. That’s when the trouble started. She met this Michael person from the football team he was the team goalie and fell for him at the drop of a dime. At first the relationship seemed to be doing ok. Then argument after argument happened and after a while Michael had started hitting her. She would run to the band house spend a few nights then go back with Michael despite what all of us had said. Each time she had told us that he just had a bad night and didn’t really mean to hit her. Now here we are again. I don’t think the poor girl truly understands what love really is. Maybe I should have taken the role of the older brother and explained that to her.

To make matters even worse today is the nine year anniversary of when we ‘adopted’ her. I was going to keep my promise to Mel and say by her side until morning. Which I did.