Home Movies

Mel
I looked over at the clock, it read 6:00 pm. "God I'm bored," I thought. I told Annie that she and Nathan could go shopping. They left like hours ago. “Oh god she’s probably pulling a Nathan as usual,” I though. I was finally starting to feel comfortable around Tom. "Maybe I'll go and watch the news," I said aloud. I walked down the stairs and got a text.
Sloth
Annie still can't pick out what cereal she wants. Going to be late as usual. Try to entertain yourself until then.
Nath x.

I shook my head, sighed, and stuffed my phone in my back pocket. "How many different cereals can there be?" I thought.
I sat down on the couch and noticed that someone left the T.V. on.
"Max. You left the T.V. on again gesh," I yelled.
The strange thing was it was saved on a screen that wasn't a football game. It was like a video or something. Guess whose picture it was froze on? A young Player Parker aged 5 or 6. I pressed play. What is the worst harm it could do? I asked myself. The first frame was Tom running up to a hospital.
"Hurry up. I want to see the baby," he said.
"Baby?" I thought. I kept watching. I realized soon enough that this was the video that was taken when the boys came to the hospital the day after I was born.

“Isn’t she just the most beautiful thing in the whole entire world?” I heard my mother ask.

A chorus of ewws was heard from Chase and Tom.

“Would you like to hold her Tom?” My mother asked him. He nodded and held me for a moment. As he was handing me back to my mother he almost dropped me.

“You know that bastard would drop me,” I thought.

It then  pained to chase who was hunched over laughing saying, “You screwed my sister up. You almost dropped her.”

The next video that came up was Chase holding something high above my reach in the backyard. I would assume based on the date that I would be about four and the boys would be about nine.

“Give me back Peter,” I yelled at Chase while trying to get it out of his hands.

“Oh yes Peter my stuffed Rabbit,” I thought as I smiled at the screen.

“What’s the baby gonna do?” Chase said taunting me.

Then out of nowhere Tom comes up from behind Chase and grabs it out Chase’s hand and gives it to me.

“What did you do that for dude?” Chase asked Tom. “I was having fun.”

Tom shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe I just like her better than you.”

I then kissed Tom on the cheek as a thank you. Tom had the stupidest smile on his face.

The next image that came up was Chase trying to chase me and tackle me in the yard. I realized by looking at the date this was the day before the accident. I started to tear up a bit thinking that this was the last thing I did with my brother.

Chase came up from behind me and tackled me to the ground and started tickling me.

“Chase stop it. It hurts,” I told him.

“Not until you tell me where you put my gum,” Chase responded.

Tom came into the frame and asked, “ Ey what are you two doing?”

“She took my gum.”

“No I didn’t.”

“Actually Chase she is right,” Tom said. “I took it.”

“You sly dog,” Chase said laughing as they walked off the screen.

“Did you take your brother’s gum?” I heard my father say behind the camera.