Have I mentioned how much I hate the Cops

Sorry for not updating last week but Easter like really threw me off

Hope you enjoy.

X-Steph

Tom 

We decided that it would be best once we landed back home to get the trip to the police station out of the way. Mel told me that she might as well get it over with and that she would have to do it sometime so it might as well be now. That was the only thing she had said to me since we landed. Poor Mel, I know she didn't want to do this but she told me that it might led to the capture of whoever hit her. That might be just enough to give her closer and forget about the whole thing for good.  

As we sat in the office I watched the traffic out the window. Mel was staring at the ceiling with a blank stare on her face.

"When are the others coming?" she asked me without turning her attention away from the ceiling. 

“I don't know. I don't think that they need their eyewitness accounts." 

"Oh," said Mel rather timidly. I guess she was looking for someone to make things less awkward. 

But I spoke way too soon because that's when I heard Annie or rather Annie’s feet skipping down the hall way. 

"Oh Mel," she said raising her voice to make it sound rather peppy. 

Mel waved to Annie and the others but did not keep her eyes off from the ceiling. 

"You are always such a party pooper," Annie said skipping over to Mel and sitting right in front of her. Mel just sighed. 

"Remember the thing with the lingerie in the bad," Annie said laughing. 

Mel cracked a week smile.

Bras in a bag that's new I thought. 

"Mel we are ready for you,” said a woman.

Mel got up and was directed behind a closed door. I looked over at Annie who had somehow gotten a hold of Mel's phone and was taking pictures of herself on it.

What did I do?" she asked as Nathan swiped the phone out of her hands. 

"Don't you think that's a tad rude?" Nathan asked.

“What’s a ‘tad’ rude?”

“Taking pictures of yourself on someone else’s phone.”  

"Not at all." 

Nathan sighed and motioned me to come over. He put Mel's phone in my hand and I put it in my back pocket. 

"So. Knickers and Bra’s in a bag? What's that about," I asked Annie raising my eyebrow. 

Annie started snickering. "So one day Mel went to a Japanese clothing store and she sent me a picture of a bra and underwear in a bag that she had found." 

"So...underwear does come in a bag." 

"Shushy....I'm not done. It’s what she said later that was funny." 

I rolled my eyes. 

"So she said that the underwear in a bag is convenient because you could just put it in your purse and you wouldn't have to worry about not having underwear after you have sex. You could have a fresh pair every time. Disposable underwear." Annie then fell on the floor laughing. 

"Wait," I said thinking. "Mel said that? When?" 

"A...while...ago," Annie said between breathes. 

"Why did she never tell me this?" 

"It was like the end of our last term." 

"So that's what she did with her day off." 

Annie nodded. “I swore to her that I would never tell you. Oops I guess I just did!”

A second cop came out and called my name. I got up and was lead to a small room down a long hallway. As I walked past one of the rooms I saw Mel slouched over in a chair.

“Keep going,” the cop told me and poked me with his pen at the same time.

I sat down in the chair but it was one of those rolling chairs that can move up and down and when I sat down in it I barley could reach the desk.

 “Sit up. Push the button on the side stupid,” the cop said shutting the door behind him.

I looked him over as he sat down. To be honest ever since we got Punk’d (Mel never stopped laughing at the fact that I cried. Which I don’t understand because I didn’t Pft) cops have scared the shit out of me.

“So why are we here-”

 “Well,” I said interrupting him. “It’s a long and complicated story.”

“Boy. I’ve got thirty minutes before my lunch break. You better make it short and too the point.”

So I told him the whole thing from the beginning but left out certain... erm private parts.

“Why did you do it?” he asked me.

“Do what?” I asked.

“Pay someone to hit her and almost kill her.”

“Why the fuck  would I do that?” I said trying not to lash out at a cop.

“Maybe you wanted to put her out of her misery because you felt bad about her relationship to her boyfriend?”

“Look,” I said and looked down at my feet but as I slowly came up I saw that the sun of a bitch was smiling. I looked at him confused.

“That was a test,” he said.

“For fucks sakes what?” I said throwing my hands in the air.

“Well now I know by your reaction to me accusing you of the crime you didn’t do it.”

“Of course I didn’t do it,” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

Have I mentioned how much I hate cops?

“Well if you would have acted another way to the accusation such as avoiding eye contact I would have said that you probably were guilty of actually paying someone to kill her.”

Oh god was my head staring to hurt. Too much thinking.

“What’s the boyfriend’s last name?

 “Hartford.”

“The car that he drives?”

“A small SUV. I think he painted over the cover color so I don’t know the original color.”

“The car that hit Melanie Smith.”

“I think it was white. I never really saw. I herd her scream and ran out to see what was wrong.”

“Ok you can go now Mr. Parker. That’s all.”

I bolted out of that room and sat down to wait for Mel.

“So did you cry like the last time you had a cop screaming down your face,” Annie said smiling obviously referring to the Punk’d episode we did.

“I did not cry.”

“Sure you didn’t,” she said.