Annie

Mel

I woke up the next morning as the sun hit my face. I always hated the sun. I loved the cold, rain, and blustery weather, but never the sun. I groaned and turned over. The house seemed so peaceful. No boys screaming and cursing over a football match played on X-box. Strange, very strange. I finally decided to get up.

“Boys?” I said. There was no answer.

I shrugged my shoulders. I went over to get some cereal. I felt a pair of eyes on me. I shook it off. I had been watching way too much ‘Criminal Minds.’

It was still  creepy in that house.

“Hey Mel,” Max said. Causing me to drop the spoon I had in my hand.

“Max. You flaming idiot.” I said back trying to hit him in his weak spot. I missed. “You scared the crap out of me.”

“Sorry.”

“Where are the rest of the boys,” I asked poring my milk.

“Out. I don’t know where to.”

“Oh. So you wanted to be all alone with me then,” I said rolling my eyes.

“No,”

“Ahh. You have a hangover then.”

“No I just didn’t feel like going out today,” he said walking away.

“Hmm. Your loss not eating cereal with me then, I yelled back to him.”

I finished my ceral and went upstairs to go get dressed. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a pullover sweatshirt. I felt like ‘bumming it’ today. ‘Bumming it’ meant going over to Annie’s and doing god knows what. Her last definition of ‘bumming it’ consisted of us going to the mall and her making a fool of us both. I shivered at the thought of her falling on the floor at one store after The Wanted’s Chasing the Sun came on. “Come on,” I said. “Your making a scene, and the cute worker over there is looking at us weird.” Classic Annie I thought.

“Max,” I said walking down the stairs. “Going to Annie’s.”

I walked out the door and started heading towards her house. I had met Annie one year ago. We quickly became fast friends over my obsession with ‘The Wanted.’ What I had to fit in somehow. I couldn’t tell anyone about Tom. It was funny though because when I introduced her to them and told her Tom was my ‘brother’ she fainted. She became friends with them and stopped talking about them so much. Now all I have to do is have her meet the Irish boy band ‘Taken’ and she will stop talking about them so much.  I still laugh at that memory. Annie is a lazy and very giggly girl. She often refers to her self as ‘the love child of a sloth and a hyena’ and often yells ‘effort’ when she does something that isn’t lazy. That’s Annie for you. I walked up to her house and rang the door bell. I stood out there for five whole minuets. I know she’s lazy but she couldn’t be that lazy. I quickly texted her.

To: Annie

        You lazy bum I’m outside the door open it. It’s locked.

            X Mel

Still no answer. A smile quickly grew across my face. The spare key. I raced over to the garden bed and pulled out the spare key. “I’m so smart.” I said to myself. I let my self in.

“Annie…It’s Mel are you here?”

Of course she’s here her purse is over there. She’s probably just in her room. I casually turned the door knob. I didn’t know what to do. Laugh cry or scream. So I just stood there. Looking at Nathan and Annie fucking each other on her bed. When they finally realized I was there they stopped and froze.

“I’m going to walk away and pretend like I didn’t see anything,” I told them. “You,” I pointed to Annie, “get dressed it was your idea going to the mall in the first place. I’m going to wait for you downstairs. You,” I said pointing at Nathan “I’m going to talk to you later.”

What I could say. I was actually kind of happy for them. I walked down stairs and waited. Annie was the first one down.

“Like I said. I’m not saying anything to you. It’s your little playmate I’m going to be talking to. Let’s go.”

After Nathan had left unable to look me in the eye I got into Annie’s car and started to speak. “So, you wanted to talk to me? I think I should be the one talking to you.”

She was silent.

“Well?”

“Um…Me and Nathan like each other.”

“Well I can see that.” Annie’s eyes fell down to her feet. “Look I don’t care if you fuck Tom’s band mate or not I just wished you would have told me before hand.”

She nodded.

“So you’re ok with the whole thing?” she asked.

“Yeah I guess I am,’ I told her back.

“Great,” she said back. “Let’s go ‘bumming’.