Chapter 8 The Ride

Mrs. Morgan POV

I was talking with the other teachers and especially trying to ignore Mr. Hughes I notice he have this huge crush on me. "Are you doing anything today?"he asked. "Uh no. Not that I know of."I said grabbing my things and walking out with him following me. I got in my car and lock the doors. "I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner my treat!"he laughed snorting. "....um no thank you."I said backing up. "If you change your mind call me!!!"he yelled as I began the drive home. I was turning when I saw one of my students, Sophie walking. It looked like she was confused of where she was going so I park my car beside her. "Sophie?"

Sophie POV

I turned to see Mrs. Morgan call my name. Oh no. "What are you doing?"she asked. "I...I miss my bus."I said not thinking of any lies to say. "That's fine I can give you a ride home." I don't have a home....not anymore. "No, I'm okay."I said lying. It was hot, I was tired, and I don't know where the orphanage is and I don't want Mrs. Morgan to know about me. "I really don't mind." "Honestly Mrs. Morgan I'm okay." I said continuing to walk. "Sophie please." I stop and turn my head facing her. I took a deep breath and let it out walking towards her car and getting in. She smiled taking off. "So were are we going?"she asked. I was afraid she was going to ask that question. "Um on Cowell's road and you can drop me off." I said. She stared at me and park the car. "Sophie talk to me. Where are we really heading to?" Wow she can tell when im lying.... I looked at her and she really looked concerned for me. Maybe I should tell her.....

Mrs. Morgan POV

"I'm an orphan okay. My mom and dad was killed in a car accident when I was five and I was the only survivor. I need to head back to Sunnyside."she said crying. I felt so sorry for her. I really did. "Why didn't you tell me."I said wiping her tears away with my thumb. "Because I didn't know what you would've think of me."she said crying even harder. "Awe Sophie." I said hugging onto her not wanting to let her go. She looked up to me smiled drying hey eyes.

Sophie POV

We were now in front of the orphanage and we got out. Before I walked in Mrs. Morgan stopped me. "Yes?" "The holidays were coming up and I was wondering if you would like to spend Christmas with me and my family, but that's only if you wanted to I mean if-" I ran and tackle her with a hug,"Of course." She hug me back and took my hand walking me inside greeted by Mrs. Monroe. "Sophie! We was just about to head out looking for you. Are you okay!?"she asked. "Mrs. Monroe I was only gone for a couple of minutes."I said causing me and Mrs. Morgan to laugh. "Thank you for bringing her back." "Your very welcome. I was wondering if she can stay for the holidays and I bring her back the next morning."said Mrs. Morgan. "Of course follow me to sign a couple of paperwork." "I'll be right back." "Okay."I smiled as Mrs. Morgan followed Mrs. Monroe to the back. "Sophie!!!"yelled Emma and Alicia hugging me. "Where have you been!?"asked Alicia. "I miss the bus and Mrs. Morgan brought me back here and she's asking if I can stay the holiday." The girls were super excited for me. We were playing with the little kids when Mrs. Morgan and Monroe came out. "Sophie." I walked over to Mrs. Morgan. "I'll be back to get you after school so you'll have plenty of time to get pack."she said hugging me goodbye. After she drove off I closed the door and went back playing.