Chapter 1 Social Worker

Sophie POV

"Did you have fun at Charlotte's place?" Mom asked. "Yes!!! We went to the pool, horseback riding, the playground, out for icecream, and even the movies!!!" I said hyperly eager for my next visit over my best friend's house. Summer was over and tomorrow was school. "I'm glad to hear that." Dad said laughing at my excitement. "Speaking of icecream can we get some before we head home please." "Sure why not." "Thank you mommy!!!" I said hugging her. She laughed a you welcome. I sat back on my dad's iPad playing one of my favorite games. We came to a stop at a red light and when the light turn green and we began moving again. Out of nowhere a car came crashing into the side of our car tipping us over as gas was pouring out. "Ahh!" I open my eyes and my whole body ache. I look to see my father lying head on the wheel dripping blood. "Daddy!?" I cried and suddenly saw mom moving around. "Mommy!!" She looked over towards me with a busted lip and was bleeding. "Get out the car quickly."she said trying to keep her eyes open. "I don't want to leave you and daddy!!" I cried. I saw a tear fall from her eyes,"We'll be with you wherever you are, we'll be with you. Now go quickly and don't stop running."she whispered holding onto my hand smiling before closing her eyes, which will never be opened again. No....no!! I undid my seatbelt, pulling it as hard as I could as it was stuck. I saw fire so I quickly gave it one last pull before crawling out the window falling down. I got myself up running far from the car taking cover with my hands over my head as the car exploded. "Mommy, daddy noooo!!!!!"

In the social worker office•

Mrs. Ray POV

"I'm sorry about the loss of your parents." I said. When the incident had happen the police found her crying with cuts and bruises on her face and arm. The damage wasn't bad, but they took her to the hospital to get cleaned up and brought her here to me. She was the only survivor from the crash which was caused by a drunk driver who was arrested and taken to prison. I felt sorry for the little girl she's only 5 years old. She haven't spoken since, she is in a chair staring down at the ground. "I know what it's like to lose your parents. I lost mines when I was 13." She looked up at me letting her tears fall. I got up from my chair walking over to her sitting her in my lap as she cried. "Let it out." After that she started to speak which I was happy to hear. She's a bright little girl, but it was time I took her to Sunnyside. It was highly good orphanage where every foster child is care and loved till the day when they find a new home. "Its time to go now." She looked sad, but grab ahold to my hand and left out. I stop in front of the building getting her things and holding her hand walking inside the building.