Chapter 3 Adoption Day

Sophie POV

"Looks like we made it through the first day."said Emma. We was on the bus talking about how our day went. My day was actually fun. 4th grade isn't hard and Mrs. Morgan is the best we mostly went over the class rule and took down notes, we had to write vocabulary words and if we didn't finish it was homework. The bus had stop right in front of Sunnyside building so we got off and walked inside. After saying hey to the girls again I went up to my room and start on finishing up my vocabs. Emma and Alicia came in rushing towards me as I was done working. "There are a couple here!" Emma said well yelled. "What age group!?" I said curious. "We don't know all we know is they are here to adopted."said Alicia. "Boys and girls we need 5-9 ages please."we heard Mrs. Denise say. Me and the girls looked at each other and bolted out the room door staring down from upstairs to see the little kids lined up. The couple looked over to Kassidy then walk over to Marianne and whisper something in Mrs. Denise ear as she and Mrs. Monroe went to the back. "Wait is they adopting Marianne!?" I asked not really wanting her to go, but at least she'll finally have a home. "But didn't you see them looking at Kassidy."said Emma. I don't want Kassidy to go either, but she deserves a home too. "I wonder who'll they choose." Me and Emma nodded agreeing with Alicia. We saw Mrs. Tiffany coming up the stairs and we ran back into our room. See where are not supposed to be spying on another age group during these kinds of things. Out of nowhere Kassidy and Marianne bust in our room jumping up and down in excitement. "We both got adopted!! We're gonna live together!!" They both blurted out at the same time. Me and the girls looked at each other hugging them. We were so happy for them at least they'll have each other. "Be good. No fighting or arguing." Emma said. "Okay Emma." Kass said hugging her. "We're gonna miss you girls!!" Alicia cried. "Don't forget us." I said trying not to tear up, but it was too late we were all crying. "We want we promise." They said hugging each of us. It was time for them to leave with their new family. They were outside getting into the car and we were waving at them as they began driving off. Who knew when the time actually comes for you to leave it will be the hardest thing you'll ever do. I'm going to miss waking up seeing those girls faces. The more I think about them the harder it gets same goes for my parents. "Oh girls cheer up you should be happy for them. They have a family." Mrs. Monroe is right they have someone to call mom and dad. I smiled eating the rest of my dinner. After a chat with the girls we said our goodbyes and went to bed early.