Chapter 31

The Princes Sickness - Part 1

After I walked back into my room, I picked up my phone and called Lucas.

L - Hey claud! Whats up?

C - um, can I meet you in the park in like 10?

L - sure see you then.

I ended the call and changed into running gear {in media} . Taylor had called my dance studio and told them I would make it tonight.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I sat down by a tree waiting for Lucas and started stretching.

After about 5 minutes I waved at Lucas coming over. We both smiled and then he sat down. Across from me.

C - So we need to talk about Prom,

Im not going.

L - Claud even if you didnt want to go, why else did you ask me here?

C - Well, Brooklyn might of been asking me today, and then I asked you so then he was mad and then we had a huge fight.

L - Ok. Well Claud I see how much you two mean to each and I respect that. Im ok with your decision and hope you two make up because as everyone calls you guys the 'It Couple' .

C - (i let out a huge sigh of relief) Thank you so much Lucas! That makes me feel much better.
---
We chatted for a few more minutes before he had to leave and I had to go running.

•••••••••••••••

I walked back into my room and turned on the shower. Mom suddenly came into the room as I grabbed some sweats for after the shower.

S - Hey the Beckham's are coming for dinner tonight so wear something nice.

Oh god i thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting on the couch as I heard the ding of the elevator. First out scrambled Harper and she came racing up to me.

H - Claudie!! Help me learn a turnie for dance!

C - Ok harps, come on follow me.

I held her hand as we went over a turn in the middle of the lounge room. Victoria and mom started wAtching us after a while.

After Harper finally got the turn she tugged on my dress and i crouched down to her height.

C - Yes Harps

H - Why is brookie so sad?

I looked over at Brooklyn who was sitting by himself on his phone. His eyes were puffy and red and he looked really tired.

C - Brookie and I had a little fall out, thats all.

H - I dont like seeing him sad, go talk to him?

C - Maybe later Harps, maybe later.

T - Dinners ready!

============

After dinner Brooklyn went back up to his room.

V - Love, will you go get Brooklyn back up here. We have some news

Kisses, Hallie