10. You Used To..

Justin

I laid in bed with my hands behind my head staring at the ceiling of the hotel room and sighed. So far coming back in town has been one of the worst decisions I've ever made. For some reason it has been extremely hard to find Zahara, I tried the last place I know she worked but apparently I'm about two years too late. I even begged Lucas to tell me where she works, the most he told me was that she's now a Medical Assistant. I mean I get why he wouldn't tell me, but I'm not trying to go and get her fired. I just simply wanna talk to her, I would even wait outside until she got off if that made things better. The block party is tomorrow afternoon but Lucas told me she said she's no longer coming because of a last minute thing with work.

I picked up my phone and scrolled until I got to the messages between me and Lucas from earlier. I decided to call him instead of texting him like I started to, he picked up rather quickly.

"What Justin?"

"What's Zahara's number?"

"You should have it"

"Just give me the fucking number"

"I'll send it to you"

Before I could say another word he hung up on me, I shook my head. Not long after he hung up I actually got the message with her number in it. I quickly sent her a text asking if we could talk.. and almost immediately it showed that she had read it. But she never actually replied..

:

Zahara

I dropped my phone before I could actually reply to the message and made my way to Zari's room. When I got to her door she was sitting up in her crib rubbing her eyes. I walked over to the crib and picked her up and brushed her hair down and kissed her cheeks. I sat down in the rocking chair with her and picked up the tablet that sat on the night stand. I turned it on and immediately it lit up with a picture of me and Justin. This tablet has all the pictures from our little relationship. And this particular picture is Zari's favorite. She loves it for some reason..

Zari grabbed the tablet and kissed the both sides of the picture and smiled. She pointed at me and laid her head on my chest. "Mommy?" I nodded and then she pointed to the picture of Justin. "Daddy?" I nodded again and she just stared at him.

"You love daddy?"

She nodded and pointed to his picture again, I smiled at her and went to her favorite video. Once it started playing she made her self comfortable and wrapped he arm around my necked and let out a deep sigh. His voice, it soothes her, puts her sleep and brightens her day. I can't wait for the day they meet..

:

After playing the video for Zari twice she finally fell asleep, one hour later. I climbed back in my bed and closed my eyes until I forgot I never responded to his message. I checked the time and it was going on two in the morning. I started to wait until the morning but knowing him he's up right about now doing who knows what.

Hey... are you still awake?

Justin - Yeah, what's up?"

Can I call you?

Justin - Sure.