Chapter 1

Alison's P.O.V. 

"Stay with me!" I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

He held my hand tight. "Whatever happens I want you to know that I love you."

"Nothing is going to happen to you, the ambulance is coming any minute now." I reassured him.

"I don't think I'll make it." He coughed hoarsely.

"Andrew, don't say that. You're going to make it. You just need to conserve your energy and.. um.." I was running out of words.

"It's okay, Jen." He cupped my face."Whatever happens, just remember that I love you and if I could, I'd spend the rest of my life with you." His voice came out as a whisper.

He closed his eyes as the grip of his hand was gone.

"Andrew, please wake up." I pleaded and held his body tight. "Please." I whispered one last time, but I know it was too late.

Then the curtains closed, and I could hear the applause.

*'*'*'*'

"You were amazing up there!" my best friend, Hailey, said. She was holding a box of tissues, and you could sense that she cried. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help but cry." She apologized.

"Don't worry; you weren't the only one." I looked around, seeing girls crying while their boyfriend would try to comfort them. Probably more than half of the audience cried today. I'm not surprised since the play that we did lead to a tragedy.

"Your acting was just so surreal. When you started crying, I started crying as well. It was so good that the lady sitting next to me asked for more tissues."

I laughed. "Thanks. I'm just glad it's finally over." I gave her a quick hug. "I don't think I'd be able to handle another month of rehearsing with Dylan"

Dylan was the guy playing Andrew in 'Once in a Lifetime' and I hated him with passion. He just makes me crazy with all the whining and stuff. He never follows orders and is always late. I actually couldn't believe that I lasted two months with him. He's so superficial and he would always ask people which side of his face is better looking. I mean, they look the same, but he wouldn't believe me. He thinks I'm just jealous of his perfect features. Puh-lease. I'm definitely more good looking than he is, but people actually think he's nice which is totally weird. I don't even know why he annoys me so much.

We met freshman year when he joined the drama club. He was the new student, and I don't really know where he was from, but that doesn't matter. He WAS nice, but after a few months, he began being arrogant, and started annoying me 'til I was ready to pull my hair out, because of his annoying voice. He would do a pranks on me all the time, and embarrased me in front of the whole school. At one point, I punched him in the face which lead to my detention for a whole month, but it was worth it because I broke his nose, and his precious little face was damaged. People don't really care about it now since it was a usual thing for us to bicker a lot. Our bicker usually ends with me yelling at the top my lungs, and him smirking or laughing. I really think he just annoys me for his amusement.

"Did I just hear my name?" I turn around to see the devil, smirking.

"Stop snooping around, Dylan. It's bad for your complexion." I spat at him.

"Ha-ha. I was actually here to tell you that you were actually good out there" Did he just give me a complement? "Not as great as me but..." There it is! The egolistic Dylan is back!

"You know what? I don't want to hear your comments because all you did out there was pretend to die while I had to cry on the spot."

"Yeah, but it was even harder to pretend that I love you. Lucky for you, you already like me so it wasn't so hard for you to act at all." He said, grinning like a fool.