Chapter 24

Mario POV

"You bitch ass nigga!" I yelled as I walked over to Dj.

"Aye, man" he held up his hands to signal he wasn't armed.

I don't give a fuck right now. When I got close enough I grabbed him by his shirt and slammed him into his car. I proceeded to send blow after blow to his head. I was letting out all my anger and frustration through these punches. All 18 years of pent up aggression and anger towards this man.

"Mario! Chill the fuck out!" Anthony yelled pulling me away from Dj.

"No! I swear to God I'm gonna kill this nigga with my bare hands!" I yelled, trying to get at Dj again but Anthony was holding me back.

"Son, listen-"

"Who the fuck is your son? I ain't your son and you're not my father. What you are is a dead man walking!" I yelled.

"You ain't even about to hear me out or nothing?" He asked. I hate stupid questions, especially when they come out of a stupid niggas mouth.

"What? You gonna explain to me why you left my momma to take care of two of your kids 18 years ago? You gonna explain why you've never came to see your daughter? You gonna explain why I had to raise YOUR daughter when my momma died? You about to justify you being a dead beat dad? Or better yet, please explain why you had the audacity to have my wife raped and beaten? Well newsflash nigga, I don't give a fuck! I don't want to hear shit you got to say." I said. I snatched away from Anthony and walked away.

This is complete bullshit. I haven't laid eyes on my dad since the day he left. I still remember him telling me he was gonna pick me up on the weekend and take me to the carnival. I was ready on time and waited in front of the door until my mom had to drag me away. The nigga never showed up and I haven't seen him since. Summer ain't ever seen him. As far as she's concerned, I'm the father figure.

Just knowing that he's the guy that had Jasmine raped makes me want to kill him even more. If I find out he actually laid hands on her, I'm going to further him until there's no possible way I can anymore. He was already dead to me so it won't even matter.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my pockets to see Jasmine's photo on my screen. I took a deep breath before answering.

"Wassup baby?" I asked.

"Mario where are you? What's wrong?" She asked, concern evident in her voice.

"I'm good Jas. I'm with Ant." I mumbled.

"No you're not! He just called me talking bout you walked off!" She yelled.

"I'm gonna need you take your voice down a few notches."

"And I'm gonna need for you to walk your ass back to where Anthony is. I'm on my way and you better be there when I get there."

"Stay your ass at home Jasmine. I don't want you driving and this shit doesn't concern you." I said, turning around and walking back.

"I'm already driving and I can drive if I want to." She said then hung up. She knows how to push my fucking buttons and at the worst times.

..............

"Mario Ramirez, what the hell!" Jasmine started, getting out of her car. "Why you snapping? Then walking off? You piss me off with the dramatics." She yelled.

I looked down at Jasmine and then at Anthony then back at Jasmine and she has a frown on her face.

"You about to get your sister or should I?" I asked, with a less than amused tone to my voice.