Chapter 8

Jasmine POV

Once I got home, I went straight upstairs to my room. I thank Jesus that Mario isn't home.

I took off my clothes and threw them in a hamper. I already know they smell like Randy's cologne. That's how close we were. I changed in to a pair of grey joggers, a plain black v-neck shirt, and a pair of white socks on my feet.

I left the room and right when I got down the stairs, the locks on the front door started to turn. The door opened and Mario walked in to the house, holding Loriana's hand.

"Hey babe." I said. He leaned down and gave me a kiss. "Hey Loriana. How was grandpa's house?" I asked her, bending down to her level.

"It was fine. Grandma gave me a new book today so I have to go mommy." she said. She let go of Mario's hand then made her way to the stairs.

"How was your lunch and meeting with the interior decorator?" Shit!

"Lunch was good but I totally blanked about that meeting. I will just reschedule it. How was the talk with the teens?" I asked.

"Pretty good. I hope they got something out of it." He said then shrugged. He looked at me then looked away but look back again. He kind of stared at me for a little bit.

"What?" I asked, feeling nervous. I don't like to be stared at.

"You're acting different. You're fiddling with your hands." he mumbled, observing my body language. "What did you do?"

"Nothing! Why do you assume I did something?" I asked, getting defensive.

"You're my girl Jasmine, I can tell when something's up. Now, what happened?" He asked, slowly this time.

"Nothing baby. I've been a good girl all day." I said. I'm not lying.

He gave me a look of disbelief before walking away from me. Jesus take the wheel and save my ass from Mario's ass. I mean, I technically didn't do anything. Randy came up to me.

I walked in to the kitchen to find the chef in there cooking. I'm still full so I'm not going to be able to eat anything. I gave him a small smile before walking in to the sitting room. I laid down on the couch and turned the television on.

About 10 minutes later, Mario came in to the room. He lift up my feet then sat down where they were, laying them on his lap.

"So, Lori's teacher sent a letter that said that she may be able to skip to the first grade next school year. She's very advanced for her class." Mario brought up.

"I don't know about that Mario. I want her to have as much of a normal life as possible. She's already going to struggle having you as a father. I don't want people to pick on her because she's always going to be younger than the people in her grade."

"I understand that but I want her to be able to grow in learning and reach her full potential. She is a smart girl, independent, and strong minded. She can handle anything. If you're really worried about her being bullied, I can arrange for her to have private classes." he said. I rolled my eyes at that idea.

That's the thing about Mario, he is always ready to throw money at a situation. That's not always going to solve problems. I think since he didn't grow up with those privileges, he wants to give Lori those privileges, but that's really not the way I want to raise my daughter.

"We won't bring money or anything related to it into this. This is about Lori's education and I think that she should go from grade to grade like a normal child. She's never going to get less smart." I said. Mario sighed and threw his head back.