Chapter 5

Jasmine POV

I'm so excited because I get to actually work my first full day as Mario's assistant. I miss actually working for my money. I only need about 400 more dollars till I have enough money to pay my tuition for 2 years of beauty school.

"Are you ready to go?" Mario asked, walking out of his closet while tightening his tie.

"Yup. Let me just put my shoes on." I said.

I slipped on my heels and stood up, fixing my skirt. I grabbed my bag and phone, ready to leave.

"Look at your short ass in them heels. Still so ducking short." Mario chuckled.

"Nigga, I'm not even short. You're just tall." I said, pushing past him.

"That's what all the short people say. It's ok though because I like it."

..............

"Lunch break?" I asked Mario as I walked in to his office.

I sat on the edge of his desk while he was all focused on what he was doing on his laptop. I sighed loudly which got me a glare from him.

"Jasmine, I'm kind of busy right now. Is this important?" He asked.

"Well, I guess not. I'm gonna let you be." I said, rolling my eyes.

All I wanted was to have lunch but God forbid he takes a break. I slowly walked back to my office, bored as ever. Lori is in school so it's pretty quiet.

I sat down in my chair right when my phone started to ring. I looked at it, surprised to see Loriana's school calling me. I picked up with no hesitation.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this the mother of Loriana Jean?"

"Yes it is."

"This is her principle and I have Loriana here with me. I'm going to need for you to come down here."

"Why? What happened?" I asked while I started to shut down my stuff.

"She had yet another altercation. I'm think it's better to explain in person."

"Ok. Me and her father are on our way."

"Ok, thank you."

I hung up and quickly grabbed my bag. I speed walked down the hall and in to Mario's office.

"There is an emergency Mario. Lori's principle just called me. We have to go." I said quickly. His head shot up and he looked at me with concern all in his eyes.

"What happened? Is Lori ok?" he asked. I shrugged and he started to clear his desk.

Once he was finished, I followed him out of his office and to the front desk.

"Cancel my meetings for today and tell anybody that comes here to meet with me to reschedule." Mario told Claire. She nodded and we proceeded in leaving.
...............

"My baby." I whispered to myself. Loriana ran right in to my arms right when I entered the principles office.

"Hello, I'm Ms. Pelletier. It's nice to meet you." The principle said. I shook her hand then took a seat.

Mario sat next to me and his leg was shaking slightly. I can tell he was pissed.

"So what happened?" I asked as I pulled back Loriana's baby hairs.

"Well multiple things today. According to the teacher, Loriana got hurt during recess. She said she didn't see what happened exactly. So, Loriana was quiet for the rest of the day until lunch time. I don't know exactly what happened but it did end up with a child named Ace Jean being sent home. We asked Loriana what happened but she was silent." The principle explained.